These Healthy Meal Prep Recipes prove that meal prepping doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming! We have recipes for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, dessert, and drinks that can be made in advance, don’t break the bank, and nourish your body!
Benefits of healthy meal prep recipes
- Save money. When you meal prep, you shop more intentionally, so you don’t end up buying tons of extra stuff you don’t need or don’t know what to do with.
- Eat healthier. If my meals are already laid out and purchased, I’m much more likely to stick with eating more nutritiously.
- Stress less. Trevor and I are work from home parents with 3 kids 4 and under without additional help, the last thing we want to worry about is what we’re eating for dinner. Meal prepping helps keeps us organized!
How to meal prep: 6 tips and tricks to get started
- Schedule it. Work your meal prep time into your schedule or it won’t happen. Write it on your calendar, set a reminder, whatever you have to do. You’ll be glad you did. Trust me!
- Start small. You don’t have to meal prep every.single.meal to reap the benefits of meal prepping. If you’re strapped for time, just start with 1 meal (breakfasts, snacks, lunches. etc.) and go from there.
- Keep it simple! Don’t take on more than you can chew. We’re not running a Michelin star restaurant here. We’re just trying to keep ourselves and our families fed. Lucky for you, all of the recipes I listed are SUPER easy.
- Make a grocery list. And stick to it! Just get what you need at the store. If you have a pre-made list, you’ll be less likely to grab random things you don’t need. You’ll waste less and spend less money. Win-win!
- Use a variety of cooking methods. Don’t grab 10 recipes that all require the oven or you’ll be prepping forever! Instead, select recipes that use the oven, the stove, your crockpot, your instant pot, and even your air fryer. That way, you’ll be done in no time!
- Use the right containers. You’d be surprised how big of a difference this makes! I use microwavable containers or mason jars for my meal prep. If you’re storing hot meals, stick to the microwavable containers so you don’t have to transfer the food to a different dish. Fewer steps!
Healthy meal prep breakfast recipes
Healthy Egg Muffin Cups
Instant Pot Egg Bites
Crockpot Steel Cut Oats
Roasted Veggie Breakfast Muffins
Healthy Baked Oatmeal Cups Recipe
Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
Healthy meal prep lunch recipes
Roasted Tomato Soup
Vegan Chickpea Salad
Chicken Noodle Soup
Avocado Tuna Salad
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
Easy Egg Salad
Healthy meal prep snack recipes
Healthy Zucchini Oat Bars
Easy Guacamole Recipe
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Vegan Cashew Queso
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Syrian Hummus Recipe
Healthy meal prep dinner recipes
Chickpea and Spinach Curry
Crockpot Sesame Chicken Recipe
Sweet Potato Tacos Recipe
Crockpot Thai Chicken Curry
Black Bean Burger Recipe
Air Fryer Salmon
Baked Pork Chops
Shrimp Lo Mein
Healthy meal prep dessert recipes
Black Bean Brownies
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Lemon Bars
Almond Flour Cookies
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy meal prep drink recipes
Green Juice Recipe
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Happy Meal Prepping!