This Syrian Hummus Recipe is simple to make and packed with flavor! Full of chickpeas, lemon, tahini, and garlic, it’s so delicious and ultra creamy!
When the Queen of Hummus aka Liz from The Lemon Bowl generously sends you a copy of her latest eBook: Food From Our Ancestors: The Ultimate Syrian Sunday Dinner and you see “Hummus with Toasted Pine Nuts” in the index – you make it.
I’ve absolutely LOVED every recipe I’ve made of Liz’s, but I was particularly excited to make her hummus.
And letmetellyou, it did NOT disappoint.
Ultra creamy. Full of flavor. Insanely easy to make.
Trevor and I went *JUUUUUST* a little nuts over this Syrian Hummus Recipe.
And by “just a little nuts”, I mean, we ate an entire bag of pita chips with this hummus in one sitting.
Ever since The Hamptons Retreat and Liz made this magical Mexican Hummus Dip, I’ve been on a SERIOUS hummus kick.
You guys know when we go out to a restaurant, and I see chips and salsa or nachos on the menu, I WILL 100% order it . . .
I am now that way with hummus.
I’m obsessed and I can’t get enough.
So don’t ask me why I rarely ever make it at home.
Probably because I was waiting for the perfect recipe.
Aka this Syrian Hummus.
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Into a food processor, throw in chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini, olive oil, water, and cumin <— puree until smooth.
It’s crazy how something so simple can be such a flavor bomb.
Serve this hummus with warm pita bread, pita chips, veggies . . . the vessels are essentially endless.
While they are all delicious, my favorite is pita chips! You just can’t beat creamy hummus with crunchy chips, can you? 🙂
Syrian Hummus Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- juice of two lemons
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- scallions, minced parsley and toasted pine nuts optional garnish
- pita bread/chips for serving
- Place first eight ingredient in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Check for seasoning and add more garlic, lemon or salt, as desired.
- To serve, spread on platter in a thin layer and garnish with toasted pine nuts, scallions and fresh parsley. Serve with pita bread.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.