These No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars are the perfect balance of sweet and salty packed into an energy-boosting snack! Skip the store-bought bars and make these easy treats instead.
If you love snacks, but also wants a semi-nutritious treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, then look no further than these no-bake peanut butter granola bars! They’re sweet, salty, and packed with ingredients that will keep you full until lunchtime.
Why you’ll love these granola bars
- Short ingredient list. Made with seven ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry!
- No baking. Keep the kitchen cool and make a great treat. Win-win!
- Packed with protein. These bars are loaded with protein thanks to peanut butter and peanuts.
- Versatile. Mix and match your favorite mix-ins.
- On the go. These make the best travel snacks for busy mornings or after school pick-up!
- Oats – the base for our bars. Use old fashioned oats for a heartier texture and more fiber.
- Pretzels – adds salty crunch. Use gluten-free pretzels, if necessary.
- Peanuts – use salted, roasted peanuts for the best flavor. These add extra protein and crunch!
- Peanut Butter – all-natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt) adds protein and healthy fats. Be sure it’s well-stirred before using.
- Honey – our all natural, sticky sweetener that helps bind the bars together. Maple syrup may be used, but the bars may not hold together as well. Agave or brown rice syrup may work as well.
- Vanilla – adds a warm, cozy flavor to the bars.
- Salt – contrasts the sweetness of the honey and brings out the rich, peanut butter flavor!
How to make
- Prepared an 8×8 inch square baking pan, then set aside.
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until combined, then press the mixture into the prepared pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars, serve, and enjoy!
- Add sweetness. Stir in your favorite dried fruit: cranberries, raisins, or apricots would work great with the peanut butter flavor.
- Stir in seeds. For extra crunch and nutrients, use chia seeds, flax seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Swap out the nuts. Instead of peanuts, try almonds, walnuts, pecans, or cashews. Be sure to use roasted, salted varieties for the best flavor and texture.
- Add chocolate. Stir in your favorite chocolate chips/chunks or drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
- Be sure the ingredients are fully incorporated. You’ll likely need to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times.
- Press firmly. Be sure to press the mixture into the pan firmly so the bars hold together.
- Cut into bars while frozen. This allows for cleaner cuts.
Can i use quick oats instead of old fashioned?
Yes, but they will likely be softer and less chewy.
Can i use a different nut butter?
Yes! Use your favorite nut (or nut free) butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter.
Can i make this recipe vegan?
Yes, replace honey with a vegan alternative like maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown rice syrup. Keep in mind, maple syrup isn’t as sticky as honey, so the bars may not hold together as well.
How to store
Individually wrapped bars will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer (preferred method) for up to 3 months.
Enjoy straight from the fridge or freezer!
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup salted pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a non-stick 8x8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray, then line with a parchment paper sling. Set aside.
- Place oats, pretzels, peanuts, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt into a food processor* and pulse together until combined. You’ll likely need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.