These Healthy Baked Oatmeal Cups are naturally sweetened with bananas and are loaded with oats, all natural peanut butter, almond milk, and a handful of dark chocolate chips! Vegan. Gluten Free. 130 calories!
I’m currently sitting in the middle of the nowhere. Trevor’s driving, Teddy’s sleeping, and I’m talking to you guys! By the time you’re reading this, hopefully, we’ll be relaxing in Salt Lake City. 🙂 (Update: We’re in Salt Lake City and LOVING it! 😉 )
It’s been an easy drive so far . . . not too much traffic and we’ve had amazing weather.
We drove about 12 hours yesterday and have 8 left until we hit our final destination.
As you know, the most important thing to make a road trip successful is . . . road trip SNACKS.
If only I would’ve had these Healthy Oatmeal Cups on hand!
While we didn’t have these Healthy Oatmeal Cups, we WERE fully stocked with other yummy deliciousness: hummus, cheese sticks (hello. we’re from Wisconsin), energy bites, and more.
Lots and lots of coffee.
Which – btw – coffee goes PERFECTLY with these Healthy Oatmeal Cups.
Once we’re actually IN Salt Lake City, I plan on making a batch – or two – for our time there.
Lucky for me, they’re – as all my recipes are – insanely easy to make. 😉
Whisk a bunch of things together —> bake in muffin tin—> top with fave toppings —> devour —> devour more —> repeat.
Easy peasy, right?
The bunch of things include: mashed bananas, all natural nut butter (no sugar added, just the roasted nut variety), almond milk, a chia egg (chia seeds + water <— whisk and sit = chia “egg”), old fashioned oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and some dark chocolate chips.
Once the above is whisked, you’ll bake ‘em for about 15 minutes, then top them with whatever you’d like.
I HIGHLY recommend some non fat plain greek yogurt (or your favorite vegan yogurt, if you’re vegan), a drizzle of pure maple syrup (because, um, there’s no added sugar in the muffins! so a little maple syrup is just heavenly), and some fresh berries.
Easy. Healthy. Vegan. Gluten Free.
Perfect for on the go, make ahead, delicious breakfasts, snacks, and dare I say desserts?
Do you want more healthy, make ahead breakfast recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana about 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup all natural no sugar peanut butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together chia seeds and water.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a standard non stick 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- To the "chia egg" (see above), stir in banana, peanut butter, almond milk, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into a prepared pan (you'll only fill 9 slots).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with non fat plain greek yogurt, fruit, maple syrup, etc!
- Store leftovers at room temperature or in the fridge in a sealed container!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.