This Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe is perfect for meal prep! They’re quick and easy to make, healthy, gluten free, and loaded with crockpot chicken, beans, corn, a tangy dressing, and more!
Let’s start this week on a healthy note with this Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe, shall we? 🙂
Last week I posted about my Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken. It’s easy, flavorful, gluten free, healthy, and DEE-licious. In that post, I show you how to turn the chicken into the BEST baked tacos and I also promised you that I’d tell you how to turn it into the most incredible nachos and burrito bowls.
Well, my friends, here it is:
The Most Incredible Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe.
Ever. Ever. Ever. 😉
It’s easy, flavorful, gluten free, healthy, and DEE-licious.
AND the perfect way to use up that leftover Crockpot Mexican Chicken.
Let’s kill it this week with healthy, flavorful eating, shall we? 😉
Are any of you good meal prep-ers?
I’m TRYING to be better at it.
At least for breakfasts and lunches.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if I can eat healthfully for breakfast, I’ll make better choices throughout the day.
Breakfast prep? I’ve got that down.
Lunch prep? Not so much.
Until now. 😉
You guys. This Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe is life changing.
Tasty AND easy and there’s only three parts to the recipe:
- The Chicken
- The Bowl
- The Dressing
Step #1: Make the Crockpot Mexican Chicken –> WHICH you already did, so you can just use your leftovers. 🙌
Step #2: Make the bowl –> brown rice (instant in the microwave, please! 😉 ), black beans and corn, shredded romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, chicken from above 👆 <– put it all into your favorite tupperware.
Step #3: Make the dressing –> place lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a mason jar <– close it up and give it a good shake.
Store everything in the fridge until lunch time!
This Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe is simple, SO healthy, perfect for meal prep, and oh yeah, completely delicious…I LOVE the tender, juicy chicken with the fresh pico, crunchy romaine, and tangy dressing.
So what are you waiting for?!
Go get your meal prep on, people! 😉
Do you want to see more “meal prep recipes”? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice *
- 1/3 cup packed shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- 1/3 cup canned corn drained**
- 1/3 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed**
- 1/3 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 1/3 cups cooked brown rice *
- 1 1/3 cups packed shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1/3 cups Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- 1 (15 oz ) can corn drained**
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed**
- 1 1/3 cups Pico de Gallo
- Place all ingredients into mason jar.
- Seal the jar and shake until well combined.
- Store in fridge until ready to use!
- Place ingredients (minus dressing) into individual tupperware containers (see photos for how I arranged the bowls).
- Seal and store in fridge for up to 4 days! Serve with dressing and enjoy!