These Sweet Potato Tacos are gluten free, vegan, healthy, and oh yeah, absolutely DE-LICIOUS! Loaded with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, black beans, and spices – these hearty tacos will surely satisfy!
On Show Me the Yummy, we have:
And now . . .
Sweet Potato Tacos.
I think it was about time for me to make a really delicious, super hearty, totally satisfying vegan taco, yes?
When ordering tacos at a restaurant, it’s not often I go for the vegetarian option . . .
I mean . . .
Gimme all the carnitas, carne asada, and fish tacos please!
But once in a blue moon, I’ll order the vegetarian taco, and it’s often the one full of tender potatoes.
And I gotta say.
WHY don’t I order them always?! Because more often than not, it’s the vegetarian potato taco that blows my mind more than any of the other tacos.
So what I’m saying is.
We need more Sweet Potato Tacos in our lives.
This recipe isn’t just for my vegan readers.
These Sweet Potato Tacos TOTALLY satisfied my meat loving husband thanks to the hearty sweet potatoes, black beans, and mushrooms.
Selfishly, for me, while I do love how they taste, I LOVE that this is a one sheet wonder which means, less clean up!
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
- Cube some sweet potatoes
- Place them onto a baking sheet
- Add sliced mushrooms
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle on spices:
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Stir in black beans
- Serve with Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa and corn tortillas (and if you’re not vegan, I’m not gonna lie, it’s super delish with crumbled goat cheese)
Tender potatoes, meaty mushrooms, hearty black beans . . . all smothered in amazing spices . . .
These might just be my favorite tacos yet!
What are YOUR favorite kind of tacos? Show Me the Yummy!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes cubed into 1/2 in chunks
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt more to less to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place everything (MINUS BEANS) onto baking sheet.
- Toss to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and stir in black beans.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa, cheese, etc!