This Strawberry Banana Smoothie takes just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make. It’s healthy, ultra creamy, and oh-so-yummy!
This is the best strawberry banana smoothie recipe EVER. It’s made with only four ingredients and takes only 5 minutes. I could really eat this every day…I’m not kidding. 😉
Yep, you’re seeing that right. Just four ingredients for this healthy and delicious strawberry banana smoothie!
- Strawberries – use frozen strawberries for best results.
- Banana – use a super ripe banana for ultimate sweetness.
- Milk – use your favorite type of milk. I used almond, because I always have it on hand.
- Vanilla Extract – adds depth of flavor and warmth.
How to make
- Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix.
- Blend until smooth then serve and enjoy!
How do you make a smoothie thicker?
The key to a thick smoothie is to use frozen fruit and a high powered blender (requires less liquid). We’re already using frozen strawberries, but feel free to also pre-freeze your banana and use that.
If your smoothie still isn’t thick enough try adding in more frozen fruit, a scoop of Greek yogurt, protein powder, and/or rolled oats.
Do you put water or milk in smoothies?
I highly recommend using milk instead of water in smoothies. Using milk creates a creamier texture and bonus: there are added nutritional benefits!
I definitely prefer to use milk in my smoothies. Water makes smoothies too…well…watery. 😉
Do you put ice in a smoothie?
You don’t have to especially if you’re using frozen fruit. However, ice can help thicken the smoothie so feel free to add a couple of cubes if desired. Be careful to not add too many or you’ll dilute the flavor. I’d recommend adding in more frozen fruit over ice cubes, if possible.
Can you add spinach to a strawberry banana smoothie?
You can definitely toss in a handful of fresh spinach to get some greens in. Personally, I always add in spinach to my smoothies, because you can’t taste it and I love the added nutrients!
Warning: the smoothie won’t be quite as pretty. 😉
- Start with less milk. Add more as needed until the smoothie has reached your desired consistency.
- Use frozen fruit. Or at least frozen strawberries. Using fresh fruit won’t get the same result.
- Use a high-powered blender. I love my Vitamix.
- Serve immediately. Smoothies are best right away. Wait too long and it will start to melt.
I love a four-ingredient smoothie recipe but if you’re looking for a little something extra here are some ideas!
- Give it a nutrition boost. Toss in some chia or flax seeds.
- Add protein. Vanilla protein powder is a delicious addition.
- Add peanut butter. You can’t go wrong with a scoop of your favorite peanut (or any nut) butter. 😉
- Make it a green smoothie. Mix in a handful of fresh spinach. Keep in mind the color won’t be quite as pretty.
- Sweeten it up. Drizzle in some agave, honey, or pure maple syrup.
- Make it a bowl. Serve it in a bowl topped with granola, sliced almonds, and fresh fruit slices. Or check out my homemade acai bowls!
- Make it creamier. Blend in a scoop of greek yogurt or use full fat canned coconut milk.
Can You make this smoothie ahead of time?
I don’t recommend making your smoothie ahead of time. Smoothies melt as they sit in the fridge and their consistency isn’t the same if re-frozen.
For best results enjoy your smoothie right away!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large very ripe banana peeled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I like unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more frozen strawberries for a thicker smoothie or add more milk for a thinner smoothie.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.