This Crockpot Salsa Chicken has only 5 ingredients: chicken breasts, salsa, Tabasco Chipotle, taco seasoning, and water! Quick. Easy. Healthy. Delicious! Less than 200 calories per serving.
This crockpot salsa chicken is where it’s at. You need this recipe.
- It’s quick. Literally throw stuff into your slow cooker and walk away.
- It’s healthy. Lean protein for the win.
- It’s ridiculously versatile. Turn this into burrito bowls, taquitos (recipe coming soon), nachos, tacos, and more!
- It’s delicious. Salsa chicken is just the best, ok?!
I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for quite some time now, because it’s literally my go to when I don’t know what to make for dinner!
Because, well, do I really need to repeat the list above again? 😉
If you love your crockpot and eating healthy delicious easy food, then what are you waiting for?!
Let’s make some crockpot salsa chicken already!
What ingredients are in crockpot salsa chicken?
There are only FIVE ingredients in today’s recipe:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar of salsa (use whatever spice level you prefer – mild, medium, or hot)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning
How do I make slow cooker salsa chicken?
There are only FIVE steps to today’s recipe:
- Grease your crockpot with cooking spray
- Place chicken, salsa, Tabasco, seasonings, and water into crockpot
- Stir to combine
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours
- Shred chicken with two forks
Then serve in your vessel of choice!
Can I make this crockpot salsa chicken with frozen chicken or chicken thighs?
This is a tough question. Technically you’re not supposed to cook frozen meats in your crockpot, because the meat MIGHT not reach a safe internal temperature quickly enough, which MIGHT make it unsafe to eat due to potential bacteria.
I’ve heard mixed reviews on this, so while I’d recommend using fresh/thawed chicken breasts, you’ll have to decide for yourself if you want to take the frozen risk or not.
As for the chicken thighs, you can ABSOLUTELY use those for this recipe. I’d recommend using boneless, skinless chicken thighs. 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW should be just fine. 🙂
What do I serve with shredded salsa chicken?
You can serve this salsa chicken so many different ways. Here are some of my favorites:
- Over rice or cauliflower rice with a side of easy black beans
- As tacos (flour, corn, or hard shells all work great) with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
- As nachos with loads of beans and cheese
- As burrito bowls with brown rice, shredded lettuce, pinto beans, corn, and pico de gallo
- As taquitos <– this recipe is coming soon and you’re gonna LOVE it
How would YOU serve this crockpot salsa chicken?
Quick. Easy. Healthy. Versatile.
I just KNOW you guys are gonna love this salsa chicken as much as I do. 🙂
What healthy crockpot recipe should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
This Crockpot Salsa Chicken has only 5 ingredients: chicken breasts, salsa, Tabasco Chipotle, taco seasoning, and water! Quick. Easy. Healthy. Delicious!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa I like Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Sauce more or less to taste
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, Tabasco, taco seasoning, and water into crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, and serve*!
*See post for serving suggestions!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.