Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken. Easy. Flavorful. Gluten Free. HEALTHY! Perfect for meal prep salads, burrito bowls, Taco Tuesdays, nachos, and more!
It’s Monday. I’m tired. I had a semi-indulgent weekend (hellloooo bday weekend! 🎉). And the last thing I really want to do is cook and eat something healthy and boring.
Until now. 😉
Enter: Crockpot Mexican Chicken.
This is perfect for my lazy girl status today, because this hardly counts as cooking – just watch the video below if you don’t believe me ;), it’s super super healthy, it’s super not boring, and it’s perfect for meal prep.
Over the next month, I’m going to show you THREE different ways to use this Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken.
Soooo let’s back it up a second.
It was my birthday last week! 🎉 🎉 🎉
The big 2-5, you guys.
People kept asking me if I’m freaking out, but I gotta say, I’m pretty darn happy.
I feel so incredibly lucky to have the job that I do and hellooooo, I have Teddy and Trevor, so ‘nough said. 🙂
To celebrate, Trevor and I went to this amazing Asian fusion restaurant called Sujeo on Thursday – not before stopping for margs and chips/salsa, of course, and then we did a little friends gathering at Nat Spil yesterday.
Then, today, we got massages and they.were.freaking.amazing. <3
So. You can see.
I had a pretty indulgent weekend.
Thank GOODNESS for Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken.
All you really need to do is throw all your ingredients into your favorite crockpot: chicken breasts, spices: paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, fresh juices: orange, lime, and lemon, soy sauce, and white vinegar.
Stir to combine, and let it cook.
Today, I chose to turn this Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken into tacos, but over the next month I’ll also show you how to turn these into the most incredible nachos and super healthy, super fresh burrito bowls!
Get excited. 🙂
Make a huge batch of this Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken as a part of your meal prep and eat healthfully, flavorfully, and easily all week long!
Do you want more meal prep recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Hard shell tacos *
- shredded cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Shred with two forks and serve!
- Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place taco shells on a baking sheet.
- Fill with chicken and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
*You could also use soft shells tacos, but then you may need to adjust the bake time.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.