Juicy grilled chicken smothered in BBQ sauce plus creamy, crunchy, fresh coleslaw makes these the easiest and tastiest Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos you’ll ever have!
Thanks to Stubb’s BBQ for sponsoring today’s post. We ♡ their BBQ sauce for grillin’ season!
New favorite taco recipe right here! These Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos need to make an appearance at your next Taco Tuesday, yes? Yes.
And omgsh as I’m writing this, I just realized that today, is in fact, TUESDAY!
I seriously didn’t plan this, you guys. It was just meant to be, I guess. 😉 I’m a little too excited about the fact that I’m actually posting a taco recipe for Taco Tuesday, but. . .
Anyway. . . 😉
These tacos are a fun twist on a classic chicken taco, because
#1 They’re grilled. Yay for grilling season!
#2 They’re BBQ flavored. Yay for BBQ season!
#3 They’re topped with an avocado, lime, cilantro, coleslaw. Just. Yay!
Easy to make. Pretty darn healthy. And full of yummy flavors and textures.
Today. You guys. Is gonna be your best Taco Tuesday yet!
I’ve been getting a lot of requests lately for easy, healthy (& yummy – duhhh) summer dinners.
Well, when I think of easy, healthy, yummy summer dinners my first thought goes to grilling.
It’s easy, I LOVE the flavor grilling adds to food, and I mean, lean protein + your favorite Stubb’s BBQ + a handful of veggies and you’ve got yourself a complete, easy, healthy meal!
These Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos are no exception.
There are only two (kinda 3ish) super simple parts to today’s recipe.
#1 The Grilled BBQ Chicken
#2 The Slaw
#3ish The Everything Else
The BBQ Chicken only has two ingredients: BBQ sauce and boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Here’s what you’re gonna do. You’re going to start by brining your chicken.
You guys. Just do it. It only takes 15 minutes and it will keep those chicken breasts from drying out on the grill. Simply place chicken breasts in some water and salt for 15 minutes, pat it dry, and you’re done!
Then take your chicken breasts and place them on your pre-heated grill, grill ’em up for a few minutes on each side, and in the last minute or so, slather on Stubb’s Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce (original is also 👌 👌 👌)
Once the chicken has cooked, let it rest while you work on part #2: the slaw.
Ohhhhhhmygosh. This slaw. It’s everything.
The base is store bought coleslaw (it’s just pre-shredded cabbage and carrots), green onions, and cilantro. The base then gets smothered in THE most amazing sauce: avocado, greek yogurt, lime, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Eat them together plain – I literally just sat around eating chicken and slaw – or pile everything into your favorite tortilla with a little cheese to make the BEST Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe you’ll ever make.
Now. Here’s the best part, with things like Memorial Day coming up and summer BBQ, we all need recipes that are easy to make that feed a crowd, right?
Well, the recipe as is, only makes about 6 tacos, but it would be SO ridiculously easy to double, triple, quadruple, etc. the recipe to make enough for a party!
With a short ingredient list (um, can we also talk about the fact that Stubb’s sauces are made from REAL ingredients – no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives here thank you very much!), minimal prep, and the ability to make the slaw beforehand (although I’d store the base and sauce separately to avoid mushy slaw <– gross), these Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos Recipe are perfect to feed a crowd.
Whether you’re making these tacos for one or for many, these Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos will not disappoint.
Tender chicken smothered in sweet and spicy BBQ sauce topped with a crunchy, fresh, creamy, tangy slaw. . .
Thank GOODNESS summer is finally here. 🙂
Do YOU grill? I never used to, that was always Trevor’s job, but now? I’m lovin’ it! Show me the yummy!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- Water + salt for the brine
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Stubb's BBQ Sauce
+ more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups pre-packaged coleslaw
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 small bunch green onions
sliced (just the white/light green part)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Crumbed cotija/feta
- Taco sized tortillas
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl.
- Cover with 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons salt.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Remove from brine, rinse, and pat dry.
- Pre-heat grill at medium high (400 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
- Once hot, carefully oil the grates.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill for 5-8 minutes.
- Flip and grill the other side of the chicken for an additional 5-8 minutes.*
- In the last minute of cook time, brush chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cubing and tossing with more BBQ sauce.
- Mix together coleslaw, cabbage, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, greek yogurt, lime, garlic, and olive oil.
- Pulse together until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and then toss the sauce together with the slaw base.**
- Fill tortillas with chicken, slaw, and top with crumbled cotija or feta.
*Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast(s).
**If making the slaw ahead of time, store the base and the sauce separately in the fridge. Toss together right before serving.
Nutritional information does not include taco shells.
Thanks again to Stubb’s BBQ for sponsoring today’s recipe. Their BBQ sauce takes Taco Tuesday’s to the next level!