These Loaded Chicken Nachos have 12 layers! and are full of tender veggies, flavorful chicken, beans, corn, and TONS of cheese. Surprisingly quick, easy and delicious!
Usually when we go out for dinner, we’ll split an appetizer and a main dish and call it a night.
Before we order, we’ll both browse the menu, and more often then not, we’ll be on the same page about what we want to order.
That USED to be the case with nachos.
Any time we’d go out for dinner and I saw nachos on the menu, we’d order nachos.
Any time we’d be at a loss for dinner, I’d make nachos.
I think I did that one too many times, because now Trevor NEVER wants to get nachos.
Until these Loaded Chicken Nachos came around, that is. 😉
These Loaded Chicken Nachos are everything.
This is part THREE of what to make with my Healthy Crockpot Mexican Chicken.
Part One: Tacos
Part Two: Healthy Burrito Bowls
Part Three: Loaded Chicken Nachos
As with parts one and two, part three is super easy and of course, delicious!
In today’s Loaded Chicken Nachos Recipe, there are SIX different layers.
Before we start, get your pan ready (I just used a round cake pan and lined it with parchment paper).
Layer One: Chips – any kind you like will be totally delish
Layer Two: Sauteed veggies – butter, onion, bell pepper <– cook until tender, season with salt. Done.
Layer Three: Crockpot Mexican Chicken
Layer Four: Black Beans
Layer Five: Corn – Trevor’s fave
Layer Six: Cheeeeeeeese
So I guess technically there are TWELVE layers in today’s Loaded Chicken Nachos Recipe.
Once the layers are done, they just take about 10-20 short minutes in the oven.
Then, they get topped with #allthetoppings: pico de gallo, avocado, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, the works! Really, you could and SHOULD use whatever your little heart desires.
Crunchy chips + tender veggies, flavorful chicken, beans, corn, and loads of cheese? These Loaded Chicken Nachos are a sure crowd pleaser!
What else should I make with my Crockpot Mexican Chicken? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1-2 (5.5 oz) bag(s) tortilla chips I used Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded Mexican style cheese
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet.
- Once melted, add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line an 8 or 9" cake pan with parchment paper.
- To the pan add a layer of chips, then vegetables, chicken, beans, corn, and cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-20 minutes or until everything has heated through and cheese has melted.
- Serve with optional toppings and enjoy!