This Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry is packed with vegetables and loaded with all your favorite Thai flavors: red curry paste, coconut milk, peanut butter, and more! Healthy. Vegan. Gluten Free.
I’ve been doing a really bad job of eating healthy lately.
I keep coming up with excuses now that we’re traveling:
It’s a travel day, so we should just get delivery.
Weeeellll, we’re only in Chicago for a few more days and I reeeeeally want to try restaurant x, y, and z.
Traveling is so exhausting, I’m too tired to cook anything. Let’s get take out.
But enough is enough.
Gimme all the veggies and healthy deliciousness.
Enter: Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry.
I LOVE recipes like this Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry, because it’s:
- SO healthy
- SO delicious
- SO easy to make – *almost* as easy as delivery. 😉
Healthy eating doesn’t have to taste disgusting or boring or take forever and a day to make – you can see all our easy healthy dinner recipes here <– It’s my mission to bring you guys more of those; stay tuned!
So let’s talk about this Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry.
I’m obsessed already, because it’s made in the crockpot, my number one FAVE kitchen tool.
Because it’s made in the crockpot, this dinner comes together in a matter of minutes.
I’m also obsessed because this recipe packs in a TON of veggies.
It also packs in a TON of my favorite Thai flavors.
Loaded with veggies ✔️
Flavor bomb of Thai flavors ✔️
What’s not to love?!
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Step One: Grease crockpot
Step Two: Whisk together sauce
- Lite coconut milk
- Soy sauce (or gluten free alternative)
- Lime Juice
- Vegetable stock
- Peanut butter (no sugar added variety, please! 😉 )
- Red curry paste
- Brown sugar (just a touch, promise!)
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- Red pepper flakes
Step Three: Bring ooooon the veg
- Frozen peas
- Frozen cauliflower
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Chickpeas <– I know. Not a veg, but that’s our protein for today!
Step Four: Cover and cook!
Step Five: Garnish and serve!
- Sliced green onions
- Serve with cauliflower “rice”, brown rice, whatever!
Now do you understand why I’m obsessed with this Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry Recipe?! 🙂
I absolutely LOVE the tender veggies smothered in that flavor bomb of a sauce: creamy coconut milk, a touch of peanut butter, spice from the curry paste . . . it’s kiiind of the perfect combination of a little sweet, a little spicy, a little tangy.
Healthy deliciousness at it’s finest.
What crockpot recipe do you want to see next? Show Me the Yummy!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 1 (14 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup peanut butter use the all natural, no sugar added variety
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cauliflower
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- sliced green onions
- Cauliflower "rice" or rice of choice
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- In crockpot, whisk together coconut milk through salt.
- Stir in chickpeas, peas, cauliflower, carrots, red bell pepper, and onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve over rice of choice and garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and green onions.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.