These Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps are quick, easy, and healthy! Full of veggies: onion, carrot, and red pepper, ground chicken or turkey, and the most delicious homemade easy peanut sauce!
Remember that totally easy and delicious peanut sauce I made last week?
It’s literally one of the easiest recipes. EVER.
It’s so versatile.
I love it over pasta, drizzled on a salad, used as a base for pizza . . .
Today, we’re using it as a sauce for these thai peanut chicken lettuce wraps.
And I gotta say.
This recipe is one of my new favorites, because
- It’s crazy easy. Making it PERFECT for a week night dinner.
- It’s healthy. Easy, healthy dinners during the week are my jam.
- It’s SO tasty. Two words: peanut.sauce. I could literally eat it plain with a spoon.
- It’s actually filling! Lettuce wraps can be SO wimpy, but I promise, these are packed with protein and won’t leave you feeling hungry an hour later.
Let’s start with the peanut sauce. Which, btw, you can TOTALLY make in advance.
How do you make an easy peanut sauce for thai lettuce wraps?
You can see the full recipe here, but basically, all you do to make an easy peanut sauce is whisk together:
- All natural peanut butter
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- Lime juice
- Soy sauce – use a gluten free variety if you’re gluten free
- Fish sauce
- Sesame oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
Done! I always make a big batch, so I can use it in multiple recipes throughout the week.
Can I use any kind of meat in these wraps?
Yes! I recommend ground turkey or chicken, but pork or even beef would probably be delicious, too!
Are these thai chicken wraps spicy?
They can be!
If you want to make these wraps spicier, just add more sriracha or even a few red pepper flakes. If you don’t want to make these wraps spicy at all, just lessen or omit the sriracha.
How do I make healthy thai peanut chicken lettuce wraps?
- Step One: make your peanut sauce
- Step Two: Cook onion, carrot, and red pepper for 5 minutes
- Step Three: Add in coconut oil, ground chicken, and soy sauce and cook until the meat is no longer pink
- Step Four: Stir in 1/2 cup of the homemade easy peanut sauce
- Step Five: serve in bibb or butter lettuce with lime juice, green onions, and a few sesame seeds!
As you can see these lettuce wraps, are quick, easy, healthy, and SO delicious.
I’m telling you, if you love healthy food that’s also a total flavor bomb, you’re gonna love these.
Do you want more lettuce wrap recipes? More recipes using the peanut sauce? Show Me the Yummy!
Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce use gluten free variety if you're gluten free
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Bibb or butter lettuce to make the cups
- Green onions for topping
- Sesame Seeds for topping
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, spray with cooking spray.
- Stir in onion, carrot, and red bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes.
- Add in coconut oil, ground chicken, and soy sauce.
- Cook, breaking it up as you go, until the meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- Stir in peanut sauce and lime juice.
- Taste and re-season with salt or other spices, if necessary.
- Scoop the filling into bibb or butter lettuce and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.