This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is the perfect, easy, healthy, and delicious week night dinner! My new favorite throw and go slow cooker recipe!
My name is Jennifer.
I’m addicted to Asian inspired recipes.
And crockpot recipes.
And Asian inspired crockpot recipes.
But that’s ok, but I know you’re addicted to them too.
It was about time I added this slow cooker teriyaki chicken to the mix, don’t you think?
All the classic teriyaki chicken flavor made easier in the crockpot.
So remember that time Trevor, Teddy, and I were on a road trip about the US & Canada?
Yeah. Me too. 🙂
It was so fun. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, you can read more about our travels here.
Basically, we sold everything (or put it into storage), packed up our car with the essentials, and hit the road.
I continued to develop and photograph recipes while Trevor focused on the other two businesses. We also photographed and filmed each city we traveled in.
So to say we were busier than ever would be an understatement. 😉
Because of this, we’ve actually decided to make Raleigh our home base. We’ll still be continuing our travels (New Orleans – you’re next!), but making a home base in Raleigh will allow us to enjoy our travels more and keep other work at home.
My lifesaver during my travels, however? My crockpot.
Recipes like this slow cooker teriyaki chicken are literally lifesavers.
Throw. And go.
Yes. And yes.
Before you head to work, all you need to do is place chicken broth, soy sauce (or gluten free alternative), seasoned rice vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, ground ginger, black pepper, and chicken breasts into your crockpot.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. I love using this crockpot, because it’ll automatically switch to WARM after the cook time has ended and you can safely leave it on WARM for 2 hours. 🙂
After the cook time has finished, you’ll remove the chicken and whisk in a little water and cornstarch. This helps the sauce to thicken.
Add the chicken back in, cover, and cook an additional 15-30 minutes, or until the sauce is the consistency you desire.
Shred the chicken and dinner is served!
Winner winner easy, delicious, and pretty darn healthy chicken dinner!
Tender chicken, a slightly sweet and tangy sauce . . .
Like I said.
Winner winner easy, delicious, and pretty darn healthy chicken dinner! 😉
What other crockpot recipes do you want to see? Show Me the Yummy!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar more to less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cilantro, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds for garnish
- Cauliflower “rice” or regular rice for serving
- Grease a crockpot with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together sauce: broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, ginger, and pepper.
- Pour half into prepared crockpot.
- Add in chicken and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir that mixture into the crockpot.
- Place chicken back in, cover and cook on HIGH 20-30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Shred chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.