This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe uses frozen chicken breasts! Quick. Easy. Flavorful. Gluten Free. Perfect for meal prep and a great base for so many different recipes!
This is THE most basic recipe, but you guys, it’s awesome, because it’s:
- SO freaking versatile. I mean, think about how many ways you can use shredded chicken.
- SO freaking easy. Pop those frozen chicken breasts you forgot about into your Instant Pot and walk away.
- SO f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g. delicious. This chicken is actually really moist and flavorful. The perfect base for SO many recipes.
If you don’t have an instant pot yet, that’s ok, because you could absolutely make this in your crockpot too (you just have to use thawed chicken), but you guys, I’m totally on the instant pot train now. I’m FINALLY starting to feel super comfortable with it and I promise you, after you use it a few times too, you’re gonna love it.
Let’s make some instant pot shredded chicken!
Do you guys meal prep? I *TRY* to go to the grocery store on Sunday and get organized for the week. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. 😉
Either way, this instant pot shredded chicken is awesome.
You can definitely add this to your meal prep plan, but it also comes together so quickly, you could definitely make this during the week for a quick dinner base.
You’ll start by throwing frozen chicken breasts into your instant pot. To that, add in chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Seal the lid and cook on HIGH pressure for 25 minutes.
Before you know it, you have super tender, flavorful shredded chicken.
Now. You have shredded chicken.
What can I make?
- Greek yogurt chicken salad
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Thai chicken salad
- Antipasto Chicken Salad
- Chipotle Pineapple Chicken Salad
- Chicken Naan Pizza
- Individual Pizzas – 4 Ways
- Chicken Wonton Cups
- Kettle Chip Chicken Nachos
- salads, soups, sandwiches, enchiladas, nachos . . .
and so much more! I’d love to hear what you guys would you shredded chicken for!
Quick. Easy. Versatile. Delicious!
Instant pot shredded chicken for the win!
PSST – Stay tuned for a new recipe using this shredded chicken! Southwestern Chicken Salad Cups <– YUM!
What other instant pot recipes do you guys want? Show Me the Yummy!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (8 oz) frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place all ingredients into instant pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Cook using the manual button (make sure it's set to high pressure) and set the timer on the Instant Pot to 25 minutes.*
- The Instant Pot will beep when it's finished.
- Flip the valve to "venting" for a quick release.
- Shred chicken with two forks and serve!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.