This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe is SO quick & easy (less than 10 minutes of prep) and full of hash browns, eggs, ham, and plenty of cheese!
Have you ever wanted to know the definition of “cheesy deliciousness”?
Because I think I finally figured it out…cheesy deliciousness = this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe and guess what?!
It’s cheesy AND delicious. 😉
Before we get into this, I just want to warn you:
this ham and cheese breakfast casserole maaaay not be the prettiest thing you’ll ever make and it’s definitely not the fanciest, but it is, however, a totally humble, ridiculously easy, midwestern, cozy and delicious, full of cheese, brings back memories of childhood Christmas PERFECTION.
So I hope you’re ok with that. 🙂
As I said, this ham and cheese breakfast casserole is a super humble dish, but this is the only thing I would eat for Christmas brunch growing up.
To say there are some happy memories attached to this casserole is an understatement. 🙂
As I’ve told you before, my side of the family is super big with traditions.
- Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without creamy corn casserole.
- Fourth of July just wouldn’t be the same without cream cheese salsa dip.
- Trips up to the lake would be far less enjoyable if puppy chow wasn’t a thing
- I wouldn’t eat at Christmas brunch if this ham and cheese breakfast casserole didn’t make an appearance. 😉
Now that it’s the eve of Christmas Eve 😉 I thought this would be the perfect time for me to show you…
- How to use that leftover Christmas Eve Ham.
- How to make the easiest, cheesiest, most delicious Christmas morning breakfast ever! OR For those of you that don’t celebrate Christmas, the easiest, cheesiest, most delicious every day breakfast ever! 🙂
How do you make ham and cheese breakfast casserole with hash browns?
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and evaporated milk
- Combine the rest of your ingredients:
- Frozen Potatoes O’Brien w/ Onions & Peppers
- Leftover ham. For Christmas Eve dinner, we always have ham and we alllllways have so much leftover. This ham and cheese breakfast casserole is the best solution.
- Cheeses. Three of them to be exact – mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan.
- Mix everything together
- Pour the ham and cheese breakfast casserole into a greased 9×13 baking pan
Can you make this ham and egg breakfast casserole overnight or ahead of time?
Yes! Make the recipe as listed (full recipe below), cover with saran wrap, and store in the fridge. When you’re ready to bake, remove the saran wrap, set the casserole out at room temperature while the oven is preheating!
Boom. Overnight make ahead breakfast casserole success!
I can’t wait to dig in, because this casserole is so hearty and salty from the ham, ultra cheesy and creamy, and even satisfies my carb-y loving self with the potatoes!
The best part, though, is it literally took me 5-10 minutes to whip up. Now THAT’S a Christmas miracle.
I hope this ham and cheese breakfast casserole recipe can bring you as much cheesy happiness as it does me!
What are your holiday breakfast traditions? Show me the yummy!
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 7 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk can use 1 1/2 cups “regular” milk if you like
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 oz) bag Frozen Potatoes O’Brien w/ Onions & Peppers keep frozen
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another VERY large bowl, mix together frozen potatoes (break up any clumps), ham, and the three cheeses.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes, or until bubbling and the eggs have set and the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and green onions, if desired, serve and enjoy!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.