This Honey Dijon Crockpot Ham Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Tender ham is smothered in a sweet, buttery glaze and cooked to juicy perfection in the slow cooker!
I’ll say again and again… I love crockpot recipes. I mean, who doesn’t love a delicious meal you can throw in one pot ahead of time then just going about your day until it’s cooked and ready to go?! Seriously.
I highly recommend giving this honey dijon crockpot ham recipe a try. It’s sweet, it’s salty, and it’s INSANELY easy…you’re gonna love it!
Besides the ham, I bet you have all of these ingredients on hand already! This recipe is as simple as it gets!
- Brown Sugar and Honey – the perfect combination of sweeteners to balance out the savory ham. Brown sugar adds a rich molasses flavor while the honey adds sweet, floral notes.
- Unsalted Butter – helps keep the ham moist and adds a rich, buttery flavor.
- Dijon Mustard – offsets the sweetness of the brown sugar and honey with its tangy, slightly spicy flavor.
- Garlic – rounds out the other sweeter, spicier flavors with its nutty taste.
- Ham – pre-cooked and boneless. You can either use whole or pre-sliced ham.
How to make
I love this recipe because it takes 5 minutes to prep. Throw everything into your slow cooker then sit back and let it cook!
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together brown sugar, honey, butter, dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Place ham into a crockpot greased with cooking spray then pour the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until the a meat thermometer says that the internal temperature of the ham is 140ºF.
- Remove from crockpot, slice, then serve and enjoy!
What type of ham to use
Use a 4-6 pound boneless fully cooked ham. I’ve used both pre-sliced and non-sliced ham, so do whatever works best for you!
What to serve with honey dijon ham
This honey dijon ham is a delicious, super easy main dish so I love pairing it with one or two easy side dishes as well!
- Green Bean Casserole
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Corn Casserole
- Pear, Blue Cheese, Candied Pecan Salad
- Easy Roasted Vegetables
How to store
Leftover ham will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for for 1-2 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then microwave or place back in the crockpot to warm.
What to make with leftover ham
This ham is so good right away but also makes THE BEST leftovers! Check out my leftover ham recipes! Here are some other yummy recipes to make if you’ve got ham to use up.
- Ham & Cheese Potato Soup
- One Pot Ham & Cheese Pasta
- Ham & Cheese Monkey Bread
- Ham Tetrazzini (Spicy Southern Kitchen)
- Leftover Ham & Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes (The Seasoned Mom)
- Ham Stromboli (Dinner at the Zoo)
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Honey Dijon Crockpot Ham
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (4-6) pound boneless fully cooked ham I've used both pre-sliced and non-sliced
- Spray a crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place ham into the crockpot.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together brown sugar, honey, butter, dijon mustard, and garlic.
- Pour mixture evenly over ham.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted into ham reads 140ºF.
- Slice, if necessary, and serve!
- Be sure to reserve the extra sauce for serving!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This post was originally published April 8, 2019 and has been updated to provide more detailed content.