This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is great for easy week breakfasts OR weekend holiday brunches! Full of hash browns, sausage, black beans, TWO kinds of cheese and loads of spices, this casserole is quick, easy, and so yummy! Bonus! It’s gluten free!
And we always had the same thing. Because we were also really into traditions:
- ham and cheese breakfast casserole
- sausage egg casserole (Hey Mom! I need that recipe! 😉 )
- french toast casserole
- usually some sort of pastry or coffee cake
Today, I’m mixing it up a little bit and bringing you guys a twist on the much beloved ham and cheese breakfast casserole –> crockpot breakfast casserole!
You guys. Can’t stop, won’t stop adapting recipes for my slow cooker, I’m OBSESSED.
I can’t help it, I just LOVE my crockpot so much, because it makes things sooooo much easier, and I love that it doesn’t take any oven space, which, I know during the holiday season is ALWAYS full. 🙂
This crockpot breakfast casserole is perfect for holiday brunches OR easy during the week breakfasts, because it’s quick, easy, makes a ton, and oh yeah, is SO delicious.
There are TWO parts to today’s recipe: the “dry” mixture and the “wet” mixture.
The Dry Mixture
In a large bowl mix together frozen potatoes o’brien, fully cooked sliced sausage, black beans, shredded pepperjack cheese, and cubed cheddar cheese.
The Wet Mixture
In another bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, green chiles, salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper.
Pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and stir to combine, then dump the WHOLE thing into a greased crockpot.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and some pico de gallo and you’ve got yourself a hearty, satisfying, crowd pleasing breakfast!
This crockpot breakfast casserole will SURELY make the cut for future family brunches. 😉
Do you want more crockpot recipes? Breakfast recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen Potatoes O’Brien w/ Onions & Peppers
- 1-2 (7 oz) boxes frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) block pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 oz) block cheddar cheese, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (4 oz) can mild green chiles
- 2 teaspoons salt more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, salsa for serving
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together frozen potatoes, sausage, black beans, and two cheeses.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, green chiles, salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared crockpot.
- Cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary and serve with sour cream, cilantro, pico de gallo, salsa!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.