This Easy Biscuits and Gravy recipe is a great, cozy recipe for breakfast or dinner! Pillsbury Grands! get smothered in the creamiest sausage gravy! 🙂
This Easy Biscuits and Gravy post is sponsored by our amazing friends at General Mills®. Their biscuits. Are killer.
Ohhh my gosh. I want this easy biscuits and gravy in my belly all day. Every day.
It’s seriously so, so, SO yummy and delicious and I can’t wait for you guys to make this recipe.
You can all thank Trevor for today’s recipe inspiration, as he’s been quite literally begging me to put an easy biscuits and gravy recipe on the blog for probably a year now. When General Mills® reached out to work with us to celebrate the winter holidays using Pillsbury Grands!, I knew exactly what I needed to make.
Before we get into today’s recipe, what did you guys think of the new video? In case you missed it👆, we did a 60 second “fast motion” video. We thought it would work really well for a recipe like this easy biscuits and gravy. Whaddayathink?
Biscuits and gravy.
I can’t tell you how many Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits I’ve had in my life. Growing up, one of my favorite cozy, wintery dishes, was my mom’s Chicken and Biscuits.
Chicken in a creamy sauce smothered over hot-outta-the-oven Grands! Biscuits and life.was.good.
Today, I used that chicken and biscuits as my inspiration for this easy biscuits and gravy recipe. The real craving hit, when Trevor and I were on our way home from Thanksgiving in Ohio. We made a quick stop at Walmart, picked up our biscuits and sausage, and we were ready to go!
The base, of course, is the Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits. Flakey, buttery, you know, just perfection in biscuit form.
Then, we have the gravy.
Seriously, the easiest sausage gravy you’ll ever make.
Brown sausage in a large saucepan.
Once it’s cooked through, move it to a bowl.
Then melt butter into the same saucepan, add in flour, cook that for a quick second and then whisk in milk, black pepper, dried rosemary, dried thyme, and salt.
This gets thick and delicious for a few minutes and then it’s ready to serve it up!
Place a biscuit half on your plate, then smothered on sausage gravy –> and I wouldn’t be mad if a fried egg made an appearance, then devour.
This easy biscuits and gravy brings back so many cozy memories of growing up in snowy Iowa and reminds me of newer times, as Trevor’s go-to order when we’re at brunch is biscuits and sausage gravy.
Easy biscuits and gravy foreverrrr!
Do you have any cozy memories about Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits? 🙂 Show me the yummy!
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits 8 biscuits
- 1 (16 oz) roll pork sausage
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions.
- While those are baking, get started on your gravy.
- Place sausage in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Cook, while breaking it up with a spoon. Stir occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage to a bowl, set aside.
- Add butter into the saucepan and let melt.
- Whisk the flour into butter and cook, whisking continuously, for about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk the milk into the sauce pan.
- Now stir in pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt.
- Bring the gravy to a simmer while whisking regularly and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
- Stir in the sausage. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve with biscuits!