Breakfast Mashed Potato Casserole. Because mashed potatoes for brunch is now a thing. 😉 Full of Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes, sausage, panko, and eggs, it’s easy, indulgent, and delicious!
Thanks to Idahoan for sponsoring today’s post.
Breakfast Mashed Potato Casserole.
It’s a thing.
A rich, hearty, carb-y, so good you can hardly believe it, magical, magical thing.
It’s also SUPER easy and loaded with breakfast sausage, mashed potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, crispy panko, and gooey eggs.
Can I make a suggestion?
Whether you have your Easter brunch planned already or not, you MUST add this Breakfast Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe to your menu.
You guys. I am SUPER pumped for today’s recipe.
Not only does it taste incredible, it’s also one of the easiest recipes I’ve posted on Show Me the Yummy, which makes me super happy.
And it all starts with Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes, as all incredibly easy and delicious recipes should. 😉
Boil water –> stir in potatoes –> watch them magically turn into the fluffiest (literally) mashed potatoes –> stir in cream cheese + sour cream (because that’s how I grew up eating them) –> set aside.
I could just stop right there and be totally satisfied, but I wanted to make these mashed potatoes breakfast-y, so we can all stuff our faces with them for Easter brunch.
Now, in an oven safe skillet, you’re going to cook some breakfast sausage.
Once that’s cooked, you’ll top the sausage with the mashed potatoes.
Then, if that wasn’t indulgent and delicious enough, you’re going to top the potatoes with panko and parmesan.
Bake it for a bit –> make some indents into the potatoes –> crack eggs into the indents –> bake again until the eggs are perfectly runny and the panko is crispy. I’d suggest watching the video above. 👆
Like I said, this Breakfast Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe is seriously easy and seriously delicious.
And because it’s SO easy and delicious, this would be p.e.r.f.e.ct. for Easter brunch.
Who’s with me?!
Salty, savory sausage + creamy, tangy fluffy Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes + crispy panko + runny eggs . . .
This is a brunch home run, my friends. 🙂
What’s on YOUR Easter brunch menu? Show Me the Yummy!
Breakfast Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 (9.74 oz) package Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes prepared according to quick preparation listed on the back of the package (I've also listed instructions below)
- 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Sour cream room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 oz) roll pork sausage
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan
- 3-6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place rack on top rung.
- In a large stockpot, boil water.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and stir in potatoes.
- Let stand one minute, then stir in cream cheese and sour cream.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed. Set potatoes aside.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking it up as you go long, until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and top the sausage with the prepared potatoes. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the potatoes evenly.
- Top with panko and parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a spoon, create indents in the potatoes (3-6).
- Crack an egg into each indent.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet back into oven and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Idahoan for sponsoring today’s post.