Start your day right with these 29 calorie Healthy Breakfast Casserole Bites! Packed with veggies, chicken sausage, and eggs, these bites are healthy, gluten free, and totally flavorful!
Thanks to our friends at Jones Dairy Farm for sponsoring today’s post!
For most, mornings are super busy. Whether you’re getting kids ready for school, squeezing in a workout before your daily commute, or simply responding to the million and one e-mails that came through the night before, there’s always something to get done, which means often, we need to take our breakfast on-the-go.
For some, that means just grabbing a cup of coffee. For others, a pop-tart, because hey! it’s conveniently packaged and you can eat it while you’re in the car.
Neither of those options are very healthy, so today, I bring you your new healthy on-the-go breakfast option: Healthy Breakfast Casserole Bites.
Loaded with vegetables and made in a mini muffin tin, these little bites are ridiculously healthy, crazy flavorful, and perfect for on-the-go mornings!
It’s the second week in January. How’s everyone doing on their New Years Resolutions? 🙂
I’m guessing at least one of you made a resolution to eat healthier this year and I’m here to help! For me, eating healthy needs to start first thing in the morning, or I’ll for sure make really bad choices the rest of the day.
A healthy breakfast to me, means eating some sort of lean protein with veggies (because let’s be real, if I eat my veggies in the morning, I won’t feel bad if I don’t eat any for the rest of the day 😉 ).
I also truly appreciate a healthy breakfast that’s
- Can be made in advance
- Delish (obvi)
- Portable (for all the busy people who need to eat on the run)
That’s why I LOVE these Healthy Breakfast Casserole Bites.
This recipe starts by cooking some onion and peppers over medium heat in a teeny touch of olive oil.
Once the veggies start to soften, you’ll stir in some garlic and sliced Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links. I LOVE using these links in this recipe, because they’re certified gluten free with no nitrates or nitrites, MSG, or preservatives! Plus, each serving contains 9 grams of protein! PSST – If you’re looking for these at the grocery store they’re in the freezer section. 🙂
Lean protein ✔️
Once the veggies are cooked to your liking and the sausage has warmed through, you’ll season with salt, remove the pan from the heat, and stir the mixture into some whisked eggs and egg whites.
All that’s left to do is pour the mixture into the slots of a mini muffin tin and bake!
The result is incredibly flavorful, protein rich, 29 calorie Healthy Breakfast Casserole Bites! Like you guys, the whole recipe (24 mini bites) is only 700 calories, so eat up!
Healthy. Flavorful from the sausage. Gluten Free. Low calorie. Protein and veggie rich…
What helps YOU make healthy choices throughout the day? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (5 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links
- salt to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 24 slot mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in garlic and sausage, and cook until peppers are soft, about an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, to taste, and remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup (for easy pouring) whisk together eggs and egg whites.
- Stir in vegetable/sausage mixture.
- Pour egg/vegetable/sausage mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in fridge (or freezer) in airtight containers until ready for use!
- Re-heat in microwave.
Thanks again to Jones Dairy Farm for sponsoring today’s post!