This Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is winter comfort food perfection! Super quick and easy to make and SO hearty and cozy! No cream of “x” soup. Uses refrigerated biscuit dough!
Let’s just say the sugar has been flowing freely here at Show Me the Yummy.
We can’t just live off sugar. I mean. I wish. But we can’t.
Because of that, it’s also the season for all the comfy, cozy, and EASY dinners.
Get ready, because this crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe TOTALLY fits the bill.
While Trevor and I may be in living it up in 70º Florida weather right now (we’re on a year long road trip around the US & Canada), we’re originally from the Midwest where this time of year can be FREEZING cold.
This crockpot chicken and dumplings is the kind of recipe you CRAVE during this time of year.
It’s hearty and will definitely warm you from the inside out.
The perfect comfort food.
PLUS, it’s super quick and easy to make, so we can get back to all the holiday baking we’ve got planned.
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Throw some stuff into your crockpot:
- Diced potatoes
- Diced onions
- Diced celery
- Diced carrots
- Chicken breasts
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried rosemary, dried thyme, nutmeg
- Chicken broth
Let it cook alllllll day. <3 Your house will smell SO cozy.
Then you’ll shred the chicken, throw in some frozen peas, half and half, and flour. Give everything a stir and then you’ll top the mixture with chopped up refrigerated biscuit dough.
Cook an additional hour and
Tender chicken, ultra fluffy, slightly sweet dumplings/biscuits, the creamiest, most flavorful sauce . . .
winner winner crockpot chicken and dumplings dinner!
Do you want more comfort food recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
This Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is winter comfort food perfection! Super quick and easy to make and SO hearty and cozy!
- 1/2 pound Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup half-and-half room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (16.3 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough each biscuit quartered
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Add in potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots.
Place chicken breasts on top of veggies.
- Add in spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, and nutmeg.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Add in frozen peas.
Whisk together half and half and flour in a small bowl, then pour into the crockpot.
Stir everything to combine.
- Top with dough - should be an even layer over the top of the filling.
- Cover and cook an additional hour on HIGH.
- Serve and enjoy!
The biscuits may need an extra 30 minutes of cook time if you have an older crockpot.
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping SMTY up and running!