These turkey tacos are super easy, healthy, and delicious! Full of extra lean ground turkey, onion, bell peppers, and spices: chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper! Perfect for meal prep. Less than 200 calories per serving!
- You like tacos
- You like easy, meal prep recipes
- You like healthy and delicious dinners
I may be wrong, but I’m guessing you fit into at LEAST one of those categories. 😉
I, for one, fit into them all, because I’m freaking obsessed with tacos and I LOVE easy, healthy, meal prep dinners.
These ground turkey tacos literally take minutes to come together, can be used SO many different ways, and are full of good for you ingredients that I’m guessing you already have on hand.
This. You guys.
Is what I call #easyhealthydeliciousdinnerwinning.
I don’t know about you, but I can always use more easy dinner recipes in my life.
Even though I have a food blog, at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is figure out what’s for dinner.
Most of the time, it’s leftovers, because hellloooo I have a food blog, so there’s literally always leftovers in the fridge, ha!
on the rare occasion there’s not, I always panic come dinnertime. 😉
Let’s all put these turkey tacos in our back pocket, because they’re quick, easy, healthy, and delicious . . . exactly the kind of recipe that’s great to whip up when you’re panicking about what to make for dinner.
You’ll start by placing extra lean ground turkey, diced onion, diced red pepper, diced green pepper, and spices – chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper – into a large non stick skillet.
Start cooking over medium heat, breaking up the turkey as you go.
Once the turkey has *almost* cooked through, stir in 1/4 cup water. Because we’re using extra lean ground turkey, this helps add a little moisture to the meat.
This recipe literally couldn’t be any easier.
Today, I chose to serve these turkey tacos in lettuce cups, but you could also serve them in your favorite flour or corn tortilla!
Either way, I HIGHLY recommend serving these with greek yogurt, salsa, pico de gallo, corn, and beans! These are so healthy and low in calories, I say go CRAZY with all the toppings. 🙂
Quick, easy, healthy, tasty . . .
Add these turkey tacos to your weekly rotation . . . you won’t be disappointed!
I want to make more recipes using this turkey taco meat . . . what should I make next? Taco pizza? Taco salad? Taco dip? What else? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey can use higher fat for more flavor/moisture
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water *
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium/medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add in turkey, onion, bell peppers, and spices.
- Cook, breaking up meat as you go along, until meat is no longer pink and the veggies are tender.
- Once the meat is almost fully cooked, stir in 1/4 cup water, and simmer until thickened.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, and serve!
- Serving ideas: hard/soft taco shell, living lettuce for lettuce cups, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, greek yogurt, salsa, beans, corn, cilantro, etc!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.