This Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet is quick, easy, healthy, low carb, and absolutely delicious! Loaded with ground turkey or chicken, vegetables, and frozen cauliflower rice!
Of course you know, because I say that at LEAST once a week.
When Trevor and I were living in Seattle, Friday Night = Mexican Night.
Bring ooooon the chips, salsa, and pollo en crema <– y.u.m.
When I’m making Mexican food at home, however, I try to keep it at least sliiightly healthier, and today, I took it all the way, and made something ULTRA healthy.
Bring ooooon the Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet.
Ok, so, this definitely isn’t authentic Mexican food.
In any way.
But it has taco flavors, so that’s good enough for me. 😉
Plus, it’s super healthy, so there’s no guilt involved!
Although, I never feel guilty for eating Mexican food, because it literally makes my heart happy.
This Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet makes my heart AND my body happy.
It also makes my brain happy, because it’s extremely quick and easy to whip up.
Throw some ground turkey (or chicken) into a hot saute pan with diced onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and two packets of your favorite taco seasoning.
Once the meat is cooked, you’ll stir in a can of diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, a bag of frozen cauliflower “rice” (I LOVE the Green Giant brand – If you’ve never had cauliflower rice before, I HIGHLY recommend it. It’s an amazing low carb option, but still totally satisfying.), and some chicken broth.
Let the mixture simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or until it’s warmed through and the “rice” is cooked to your liking.
Season with salt, to taste and dinner is served!
The mixture above is amazing on it’s own, but it’s also great with a little shredded cheese, non fat plain greek yogurt, pico de gallo, avocado. . . and makes a GREAT “dip” for some tortilla chips. 😉 I also have plans to make some KILLER nachos with this.
Quick. Easy. Healthy. Taco flavored deliciousness.
What’s not to love?!
Have you tried cauliflower rice? What should I make next with it? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (16 oz) package extra lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 2 (1 oz) packets taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles drained
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt to taste
- shredded cheese
- non fat plain greek yogurt
- Pico de Gallo
- Tortilla Chips
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium - medium high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and add in ground meat, onion, bell peppers, and taco seasoning.
- Cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir in tomatoes, green chiles, rice, and broth.
- Simmer about 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Taste and season with salt, to taste and serve with your choice of optional additions!