This ground turkey fried rice is a healthier twist on a take out classic! Leftover brown rice is mixed with a few veggies, extra lean ground turkey, spices, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, and more!
It was also a week night so I didn’t want to go out to eat, get delivery, and still wanted to eat something healthy.
So I looked it my fridge, threw together a little bit of this, a little bit of that and
Ground turkey fried rice, my friends.
I love love LOVE quick easy healthy flavor bomb week night dinners like this ground turkey fried rice.
If you cook any Asian inspired food at all, you probably already have these ingredients on hand.
This dinner practically made itself. 😉
Plus, I mean, who doesn’t LOVE fried rice.
Plus, plus, I actually think this tastes better than most delivery/take out fried rices. 🙂 Don’t believe me? What are you waiting for? Go make some!
You’ll start by melting some coconut oil in a large skillet.
Once melted, stir in ground turkey, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
Next up? Soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce. You can use as much or as little of the garlic sauce as you’d like! For me? The more the better, because we loooooove spicy food in the Debth household.
Then. The egg. Scramble it up in the pan. Easy peasy.
The next step of this ground turkey fried rice is um, the RICE. And peas. Add ’em both in. I used leftover brown rice to keep this nice and healthy, but feel free to use white rice if that’s what you have on hand.
Also. Peas. I know some people hate ’em. I personally don’t feel like you can really taste the peas, they’re there more for a pop of color and texture. If you reeeeeeally hate them though, feel free to use edamame like I do in my quinoa fried rice instead!
Lastly, drizzle on a little sesame oil (it adds amazing flavor) and garnish with cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds, and maybe a little dash of sriracha for even more heat if you’d like!
This ground turkey fried rice is seriously packed with flavor and is SO much healthier than take out.
It tastes better. It’s ALMOST as easy. AND it’s healthier.
I’m kind of just a little bit obsessed with ground turkey fried rice.
Do you want more health-i-fied take out fake out recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Ground Turkey Fried Rice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce plus more to taste, we did 2 tablespoons
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups leftover unseasoned cooked brown rice chilled in the fridge
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- Green onions for garnish if desired
- Sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Sriracha for garnish if desired
- Melt coconut oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once melted, add in turkey, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- Start cooking, breaking up the meat as you go.
- After a few minutes, stir in soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce.
- Continue cooking until meat is no longer pink.
- Once cooked, push meat and veggies aside.
- If the pan seems dry, spray with cooking spray, then and pour in egg.
- Scramble, then stir into meat/veggies.
- Stir in peas and brown rice and cook until heated through.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with garnishes!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.