This Healthy Turkey Taco Chili comes together in just over 30 minutes! It’s healthy, gluten free, loaded with veggies and lean protein, and absolutely delicious!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Jennie-O. They make keeping our New Year’s Resolution of healthy eating EASY!
Who else ♡’s Taco Tuesday?!
Bring ooooon the chips, salsa, enchiladas, tacos, rice, beans, and more!
But back it up for a second, because often, Taco Tuesday’s aren’t associated with healthy eating and it IS January, so I know we’re all still totally crushing it with our healthy eating, right?
But have no fear, whether you’ve stuck with your New Year’s Resolutions or not, it doesn’t matter, because I know you’re gonna LOVE this Healthy Turkey Taco Chili Recipe.
It’s healthy. It’s loaded with lean turkey and veggies. And I’m tellin’ you. It’s completely delicious and perfect for celebrating Taco Tuesday!
Every year, we all make a New Year’s Resolution to eat healthier, right?
Every year, about half way through January, it seems so darn hard to keep that resolution.
Now, Trevor and I try reeeeeally hard to lead an 80/20 lifestyle, but sometimes that ratio gets a little wonky. . . if you know what I mean. 😉
[*cough cough* brownies are life *cough cough*]
Instead of trying to change ALL my bad eating habits at once, I’ve found that if I make small changes each day, it’s much easier.
My favorite example of that is simply switching my protein, which often comes up on Taco Tuesdays.
Instead of using ground beef for my tacos, I use Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast. It’s 99% fat free – which is amazing – and only has 120 calories per serving. Honestly, we had neighbors over for tacos the other day, and nobody even noticed!
So, today, I have for you Healthy Turkey Taco Chili.
Instead of using the standard ground beef, I used ground turkey.
Instead of using tortillas, I deconstructed the taco and made it into a lower carb soup.
I also loaded up on the veggies, because, why not? I promise you can’t even taste them!
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
- Heat a stockpot over medium heat
- Spray with cooking spray
- Throw in veggies – onion, red pepper, green pepper, celery, carrot, zucchini – and a packet of your fave taco seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add in Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Pour in diced tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, fat free refried beans, and chicken broth
- Boil –> cover –> simmer
- Top with #allthetoppings: non fat plain greek yogurt, chips, crackers, cheese, cilantro, lime, etc.
You guys. This Healthy Turkey Taco Chili is crazy full of flavor, hearty (yet light), gluten free, so ridiculously healthy, super EASY, and just…
So. Darn. Delish.
Happy Taco Tuesday!
Healthy Turkey Taco Chili Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
Healthy Turkey Taco Chili
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- lime juice
- Tortilla Chips
- non fat plain greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- Heat a large stock pot over medium/medium high heat.
- Once hot spray with cooking spray.
- Stir in all veggies and taco seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey has cooked through, breaking it up as you go, approximately an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, cover, lower heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Taste and re-season if necessary and stir with optional toppings!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Jennie-O for sponsoring today’s post!