5 ingredient Sweet and Salty Potato Chip Truffles. The perfect no-bake sweet and salty dessert loaded with sea salt potato chips, all natural peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and a touch of vanilla. Don’t forget the drizzle of dark chocolate! Can be vegan and gluten free!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Kettle Brand Chips.
Sweet and salty potato chip truffles.
Yes. You read that right.
Sweet and salty potato chip truffles!!
But what does that actually mean?
It means . . . sweet and salty PERFECTION.
Salty chips + maple syrup, peanut butter and a drizzle of your favorite dark chocolate . . .
One word: YUM.
This is a sweet and salty lovers dream come true.
They literally take 5 seconds to whip up.
Let’s get our sweet and salty snackin’ on, ok?!
I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth in the world.
It may be surprising, but I have an even BIGGER salty sweet tooth.
You just can’t beat the salt/sugar combo, can you?
Today’s sweet and salty potato chip truffles are honestly the best of both worlds.
What ingredients are in sweet and salty potato chip truffles?
- Kettle Brand Sea Salt Potato Chips <– MVP of today’s recipe.
- Only THREE ingredients in these chips, you guys: potatoes, oil, and sea salt. I <3 that.
- I LOVE the saltiness and crunch these give the truffles
- Peanut butter <– use the all natural, no sugar, just nuts variety. Trust me. 🙂
- What’s better than salt + peanut butter? Nothing!
- Pure maple syrup <– not pancake syrup
- This adds sweetness and binds everything together. Plus, I wanted to stick with the Kettle Brand theme of “great taste . . . naturally”
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate <– optional, but I mean, is it really? 😉
How do you make sweet and salty truffles?
- Throw ingredients into food processor: the entire bag of chips, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract
- Pulse until the mixture comes together
- The mixture will be sticky, but you’ll still have chunks of chips for crunch!
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the mixture into 15 bites
- Roll into balls
- Harden in fridge
- Dip or drizzle in/with dark chocolate
- Top with more crushed chips
- Harden in fridge
- Eat #allthetruffles or store in an airtight container in fridge until you’re ready to eat #allthetruffles
These little bites of love are perfectly salty, crunchy, peanut butter-y, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup . . . what’s not to love?
I’m not gonna lie, Trevor and I may or may not have gone through an entire batch in 2 nights.
You’ve been warned. 😉
Sweet and Salty Potato Chip Truffles
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (8.5 oz) bag Kettle Brand Sea Salt Potato Chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter all natural, no sugar added, just nuts variety
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips melted for dipping or drizzling
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place chips, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla into food processor.
- Pulse together until a ball forms.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture into 15 uniform bites.
- Roll into balls (mixture will be very oily).
- Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Chill for 1 hour in fridge.
- Remove from fridge and dunk chilled truffle halfway in melted chocolate. Alternatively, you can just drizzle the chocolate over the bites.
- Place in fridge until chocolate has hardened and serve!
- Store leftovers in sealed container in the fridge.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.