Only four ingredients and five minutes necessary to make the easiest, healthiest, tastiest snack… ever: Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bar Bites.
I think I’ve just made the EASIEST, the TASTIEST, the HEALTHIEST (maybe not that last one, but still. they’re really.darn.healthy) little snack you ever did eat: Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bar Bites.
Holy COW you guys, I’m obsessed and I literally pop these guys like candy.
But the great thing is, I don’t feel guilty about that one bit!
Way back when, I made Healthy Fruit Tarts. The best part, of course, was the crust made of raisins, cashews, vanilla, and salt.
The other day, I was seriously craving a Healthy Fruit Tart, but was feelin’ reeeeeal lazy, so instead of pressing the “batter” into a crust, I rolled it into bites and went to town.
Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bar Bites are my new favorite thing.
I always struggle to come up with healthy snack recipes. Are you guys with me? I always keep apples, grapes, nuts, etc. on hand, but sometimes that just doesn’t satisfy my snack craving.
You feel me?
As you’ve probably noticed, I’m completely obsessed with energy bites, but today, like I said before, I feel extra lazy and need something even easier.
Enter: Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bar Bites.
Only FOUR necessary ingredients, you guys, and two optional (but highly recommended) ingredients. There are also only TWO necessary steps and one optional (but highly recommended) step.
Here’s what you’re gonna do.
You’re going to start by placing roasted cashews, chopped dates, vanilla, and salt in your food processor.
Pulse together until well combined and roll into bites.
That’s it! I mean. How ridiculously easy was that?!
Now. For the optional (but highly recommended) part. 😉
Dark chocolate and a teensy tiny bit of coconut oil <— melted. together. to dunk the Homemade Cashew Cookie Lara Bar Bites in. Say whaaaat?!
Honestly, these bites don’t NEEEEEED it, but like really, do I need to convince you to add a little chocolate?
Dunk the bites into the melty chocolate, sprinkle with a touch of sea salt, because why not? And either eat immediately, or store them in the fridge for later.
I love that these Homemade Cashew Cookie Bites are naturally sweet from the dates, full of protein from the cashews, a little chewy, a little salty, and just a really tasty, easy, popable, perfect on the go, quick snack that you can feel good about.
Healthy snack lovers? Make these bites ASAP, ok?
What are some of you favorite healthy snack recipes. I need more inspiration! Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups roasted cashews halves and pieces
- 1 cup chopped dates*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt optional if your cashews aren’t salted
- Dark chocolate
- coconut oil
- Place cashews, chopped dates, vanilla, and sea salt into food processor.
- Process until the mixture can easily be formed into balls.
- Form into 12-15 little bites using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop.
- Optional - melt dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl with a touch of coconut oil.
- Dip the bites into the dark chocolate and sprinkle with more sea salt, to taste.
- Store in a sealed airtight container in the fridge.
*See photo above for what I mean by chopped dates.
**Nutritional information does not include chocolate/coconut oil.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.