You only need 7 ingredients and 10 minutes to make these Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites! They’re full of protein, taste like a muffin, and are gluten free and vegan. This healthy snack is one you can feel good about!
On Friday, I told you guys in my Berry Banana Bread post, that I’m typically more of a chocolate chip muffin person, while Trevor is more of a blueberry muffin lover.
I had already made chocolate energy bites (you seriously need to try these Almond Butter Energy Bites <– so freaking good), so I thought I’d do a little something special and make Trevor Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites for those times when we want to stuff our faces with muffins, but should prooooobably be making a healthier choice.
Enter: energy bites.
Super healthy. Super easy. No-Bake <– BONUS since it’s been like 90% humidity the past week. And hellooooo tastes like a muffin.
Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites? I ♡ you.
I seriously cannot get enough of these little guys. I always have the ingredients on hand. They honestly take less than 10 minutes to put together. They are so ridiculously satisfying AND I don’t have to feel guilty about eating them one bit.
All you need is 7 simple ingredients:
- Old Fashioned Oats – make sure they’re gluten free if you are!
- Dried Blueberries <– little chewy nuggets of joy.
- Vanilla Protein Powder – you MUST try Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder (OMG).
- Ground Flaxseed Meal – for a little extra nutritional boost.
- Cashew Butter <– my other latest obsession.
- Pure Maple Syrup – just a touch to hold everything together.
- Cinnamon – because you can NOT have a blueberry muffin without cinnamon ♡
Now. Before I tell you how to make these energy bites, I have to take a moment to tell you about that protein powder. This is not a sponsored post, I’m just that obsessed with it, ha!! Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder actually tastes SO amazing. It’s made from pea protein powder, it’s naturally sweetened with monk fruit, it’s full of chia seeds and probiotics, and it’s gluten free AND vegan! Bob’s Red Mill. You’re #winning.
Now. Onto the bites!
Basically, you’re going to place all the ingredients above into a large bowl and mix them together. You may need to use your hands and that’s totally cool. I mean, if you watched our video above 👆, we did, so no judging here. 😉
Once the bites are mixed together, you’ll use a cookie scoop to evenly scoop 12 bites. Roll ’em a little in your hands to form them into balls and place them in an airtight container. Then keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to get your snack on.
Easy. Peasy. So. Delicious.
Honestly, these Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites have been my go-to treat when I need a late night sweet, but don’t want to eat a cookie and feel guilty about it later. Kk fine… I probably wouldn’t feel guilty about that late night cookie, but I know deep down that these energy bites are the healthier choice and taste just as delicious. 😉
Oh. And just like my Almond Butter Energy Bites. These were intended to be enjoyed cold, but these are totally amazing warm and are perfect if you’re craving a warm treat like a cookie. They will totally satisfy the craving.
And that’s coming from someone with the largest sweet tooth in the world, so you know I’m not lying to you.
With only 7 ingredients and 10 minutes, you’ll have an easy, healthy, sweet, protein filled treat that you can feel great about eating!
You guys. Let’s get our snack on with these Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites, ok?
What energy bite flavor should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup cashew butter *
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined.
- Roll into 12 balls (I used a cookie scoop to get 12 even bites and then rolled them in my hands).
- Store in tupperware in the fridge.
These bites will be around 130 calories. That being said, I didn't list the nutritional information, because it will vary greatly based on the protein powder you use!
*I've used Jiff's cashew butter and YumButter.