These Peanut Butter Energy Bites are the perfect healthier treat to satisfy your sweet tooth! Full of all natural peanut butter, oats, and just a touch of honey! Only 130 calories! Gluten free. Vegetarian.
We made it through the first week back after the holidays!
How’d you do?!
Me? I did alright!
It started off a liiiiiiiiitle bit rocky on Tuesday when I literally had seven recipe fails.
But hey, it happens and I learned a lot from each recipe! They’ve all been tested and re-tested . . . and re-re-tested 😉 and they’re all coming to the blog soon!
There was, however, one recipe I nailed on the first try and it just so happens to be today’s recipe: peanut butter energy bites!
I thought we could all use a healthy-ISH sweet treat to end the week.
I’m sure Trevor and I aren’t alone in making a more conscious effort to eat healthier now that the holidays are over.
I can handle making healthy choices for breakfast, lunches, and dinner (if YOU need some ideas, check out all our healthy recipes). The hard part, for me, is dessert.
Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I have the largest sweet tooth ever. 🙂
I, personally, don’t feel the need to cut out dessert completely (YOLO!), but instead, try to make some healthier dessert choices.
Enter: peanut butter energy bites.
You’ll start by placing peanut butter (use the all natural just peanuts on the ingredient list variety), vanilla extract, salt, and just a touch of honey into a mixing bowl.
Mix that together with your hand mixer. You CAN mix this by hand, it’ll just be more of a workout. 🙂
Then you’ll mix in old fashioned oats and some chopped peanuts!
Next, you’ll scoop the mixture into even bites using a cookie scoop, then use your hands to form them into balls.
Lastly – and this part is optional – you can dunk or drizzle the peanut butter energy bites with a little melted dark chocolate!
That’s it! Eat ’em now or place ’em in a sealed tupperware container in the fridge for later!
Either way, they’re delish!
These peanut butter energy bites are SOOOO quick and easy to make, gluten free, vegetarian, soooo peanut buttery, and I absolutely love the slight crunch from the peanuts!
Next time you’re craving something sweet, peanut butter energy bites tooooo the rescue!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/3 cup all natural sugar free peanut butter* thoroughly stirred
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt you may not need this if your peanut butter already has salt
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats use a gluten free variety if you're gluten free
- 1 oz dry roasted salted peanuts about 1/4 cup roughly chopped
- dark chocolate melted for drizzling/dunking, optional
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to mix together peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat in oats and chopped peanuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture into 8 even bites.
- Use your hands to roll them into balls.
- Optional - dunk in or drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in a sealed tupperware container in the fridge!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.