These no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites are the perfect healthy snack. Loaded with all natural peanut butter, honey, old fashioned oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and dark chocolate. Quick, easy, and they taste like a peanut butter cup!
Summer is in full force in Raleigh. While I LOVE cooking, it’s just too darn hot to turn on the oven. Who’s with me?! Which means . . . we need all the no-bake recipes . . . for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between.
- No Bake Breakfasts: overnight oats
- No Bake Lunches: easy egg salad
- No Bake Dinners: shrimp avocado salad
- No Bake Snacks, Desserts, and Everything in Between: no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites.
These energy bites are quick, easy, require ZERO “cooking”, and BONUS they’re healthy and delicious.
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls:
- All natural peanut butter – the just nuts, no sugar added variety
- Honey – if you’re vegan, you *may* be able to use agave (maaaaybe even maple syrup), although I haven’t personally tested this
- Old fashioned oats
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips – optional, but super yummy
To make these no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites, you’ll start by throwing all natural peanut butter, honey, oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt into your food processor. Pulse together until well combined. If necessary, scrap down the sides. Add in dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and pulse a few times to incorporate.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the mixture into 11 bites. Use your hands to then roll them into more even balls.
Place them onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet. Optional: drizzle with melted peanut butter chips and/or chocolate chips (I melted them each with a little coconut oil). Place into the freezer until the peanut butter/chocolate has hardened .
Transfer the bites into an airtight container. Seal, then store in the fridge.
How long do no bake chocolate peanut butter energy bites last in the fridge?
Energy bites last about 1-2 weeks in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer! If you’re freezing, you can thaw them in the fridge overnight or even pop them in the microwave.
Why are energy balls good for you?
Energy balls are good for you, because they’re packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber! If you’re looking for a quick, sweet treat to curb your cravings, energy balls toooo the rescue!
Recommended Tools to Make No-Bake Energy Balls:
More Energy Bite Recipes:
- Healthy Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Monster Cookie Bites
- 8 No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls (Bless This Mess)
- No Bake Energy Bites (Gimme Some Oven)
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites (Chef Savvy)
While I love any and all energy bites, I absolutely LOVE this chocolate peanut butter variety, because they literally taste like a Reeses’s peanut butter cup.
But they’re healthy.
Do you need more healthy no bake snacks? Show Me the Yummy!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats use gluten free if you're gluten free
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips + more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips optional + more for drizzling
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place peanut butter, honey, oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt into a food processor.
- Process until well combined, scrapping down the sides as necessary.
- Add in chocolate/optional peanut butter chips and pulse a few times to incorporate them into the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop into 11 bites, then roll into balls using your hand.
- Optional: drizzle with melted peanut butter chips and/or chocolate chips (I melted them each with a little coconut oil).
- Place into the freezer until the peanut butter/chocolate has hardened.
- Transfer the bites into an airtight container. Seal, then store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.