Pumpkin Energy Bites. All your favorite pumpkin pie flavors made into a quick and easy, healthy snack! Full of oats, pecans, pumpkin puree, and spices with an optional chocolate drizzle. Vegan. Gluten Free.
You know what that means?
PUMPKIN season is here!
I don’t know who made this rule up, but I feel like it is now socially acceptable to post #allthepumpkinrecipes.
Does that make you happy?
For me, while I am sad that summer is coming to an end – I LIVE for warm summer days, I’m not gonna lie . . . I AM a teensy bit excited for fall recipes.
Especially pumpkin recipes.
Gimme all the pumpkin recipes.
Today’s pumpkin recipe is a healthy one, because you guys have all been requesting healthy snackage.
So today: Pumpkin Energy Bites!
All your FAVE pumpkin spice flavors made healthy.
It’s the best of both worlds.
Not a fan of healthy energy balls, but still a pumpkin lover? Have no fear, because I have this freaking ah-mazing Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe <— coming soon!
Bring on the healthy snackage and gimme all those Pumpkin Energy Bites.
Energy balls. Energy bites. Whatever you call ‘em. I LOVE ‘em.
So many reasons, so let me tell you. 😉
#1 They’re Healthy
Oats. Nuts. Pumpkin. Spices. These Pumpkin Energy Bites are FULL of good for you ingredients.
#2 They’re Quick & Easy
- Place oats, pecans, nut butter, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and maple syrup into a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Roll into balls using a cookie scoop.
- Optional – dip in vegan dark chocolate.
- Eat. All. The. Bites.
#3 They’re TASTY!
Ummm hellloooo did you READ what’s in these? The combination of nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, whatever you like) with the pumpkin and cozy spices with just a touch of dark chocolate is literally to die for.
I absolutely LOVE that I can taste all the amazing pumpkin pie flavors without the guilt!
These are seriously the best of both worlds. 🙂
Do you want more healthy snack recipes? More pumpkin recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Pumpkin Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup old fashioned oats use gluten free if you're gluten free
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all natural nut butter the really runny, nuts only kind
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- melted vegan dark chocolate optional
- Place everything, minus the dark chocolate, into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to create even bites and roll into balls.
- Place onto a large plate that's been lined with parchment paper and chill in fridge until firm.
- Dip halfway into melted chocolate and place back onto parchment paper.
- Chill again until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in a sealed container in fridge.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.