These honey walnut granola bar bites are so great for grab and go snacking! Full of oats, walnuts, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and optional dark chocolate! Only 10 minutes of prep necessary!
Today’s post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board.
These no bake honey walnut granola bar bites are so great for grab and go snacking! Looking for more? Try these: dark chocolate walnut butter cups, no bake protein brownie bites, healthy chocolate banana muffins, cashew cookie lara bar bites.
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I love snacks.
Who’s with me?
Personally, I’m a grazer.
While, yes, I DO sit down and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I tend to eat smaller meals and nibble on random snacks throughout the day.
My schedule tends to go like this:
- Coffee + little sweet snack with my coffee (I know I’m not alone there)
- Breakfast – maybe a few hard boiled eggs with some toast
- Lunch – I’ve been really into veggie burgers lately
- Dinner – blog leftovers 9 times outta 10
- After dinner snack #1
- After dinner snack #2 (we eat literally at 5 o’clock, so I need another snack or I won’t sleep 😉 )
As you can see.
Snacks are my jam.
On the go snacks – aka snacks that I can make ahead of time that I can then grab and go when I please – are even more my jam!
As you can probably guess, these honey walnut granola bar bites totally fit the bill.
What ingredients are in granola bar bites?
- Old fashioned oats – aka – the base of most granola bar recipes
- California Walnuts – which add good fats, protein, and nutty deliciousness!
- PSST – did you know 1 oz of walnuts has 2.5g monounsaturated fat, 13g polyunsaturated fat – including 2.5g omega-3 ALA, and 4g of protein?!
- Salt – for flavor
- Coconut oil – the binder
- Honey – for sweetness and stickiness to keep these together
- Vanilla – for flavor
- Dark chocolate and maldon sea salt – optional, but highly recommended for that ultra yummy sweet/salty combo
How do you make homemade honey walnut granola bar bites?
- Throw everything (minus optional chocolate and sea salt) into your food processor and process until the mixture forms into a ball
- Use a cookie scoop to evenly scoop into 20 even bites – the mixture will be very sticky
- Place onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet and place in the fridge, so the bites can firm up
- Remove from fridge and use your hands to roll into smooth bites
- Drizzle with optional chocolate and sprinkle of sea salt. I even topped some of them with an extra California Walnut for added crunch – YUM!
- Store in tupperware in the fridge
- Grab and GO!
Sweet, salty perfectly pop-able, you better believe I’ll be stocking my fridge with my new favorite grab and go snack: honey walnut granola bar bites!
Honey Walnut Granola Bar Bites
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup California Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey
I used 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate optional for drizzling
- Maldon sea salt optional for sprinkling on top of chocolate drizzle
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place oats, California Walnuts, salt, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla into food processor.
- Process until a ball starts to form.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture into 20 even balls.
- Place balls onto prepared baking sheet and put in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and use your hands to roll each ball into smooth bites.
- Optional: drizzle with melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. If you'd like, you can press an additional California Walnut on top (see photo for visual). Place back in fridge until chocolate has hardened.
- Place bites into tupperware, seal, and store in fridge.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at the California Walnut Board for sponsoring today’s post!