Mini Pumpkin Pies. A classic made in a muffin tin! Store-bought crust (or homemade if you wish) is pressed into a muffin tin and filled with the easiest pumpkin pie filling made with pumpkin purée, condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, and spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt! Quick. Easy. Perfectly portioned, so no slicing pie involved!
Mini Pumpkin Pies.
I’ve finally done it.
I’m FINALLY putting a pumpkin pie recipe on Show Me the Yummy.
This isn’t just any pumpkin pie.
These are mini pumpkin pies and they’re even better than the original.
Why I like this mini pumpkin pies recipe:
- They use store-bought crust <– nobody will ever know, because they’ll be overwhelmed by the mini cuteness.
- PSST – You can totally use a homemade crust, but here at Show Me the Yummy, we’re “Easy Recipes for Yummy Food” and homemade pie crust scares me. 😉
- The filling comes together in ONE bowl and 10 minutes.
- They’re made in a muffin tin.
- They’re adorable. I mean. Come ON. Do you SEE these?!
- They’re pre-portioned! Cutting the perfect piece of pie is a pain in the butt, these are already perfectly portioned out for you and hellloooo they’re portable. You don’t even need a fork! Or a plate.
Oh yeah, and they taste delicious.
It’s pretty much your standard pumpkin pie recipe, but I use my special blend of spices that I think are pretty spot on!
So. Are you ready to make some quick, easy, perfectly adorable mini pumpkin pies?!
There are two parts to today’s recipe:
- The crust
- The filling
How do you make mini pie crusts?
- Thaw a 14.1 oz box of pie crust according to package directions – it should contain two pie crusts
- Cut out 12 circles using a 4.5 inch round cookie cutter
- Gently press one round into one muffin slot (we’re using a standard non stick muffin tin), then repeat with remaining 11 slots.
That’s it! Easy peasy right?
How do you make pumpkin pie with canned pumpkin?
- Into a large bowl, add all of your filling ingredients:
- Pumpkin purée
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt
- Whisk together until fully combined
- Evenly scoop (I like using one large scoop and one medium scoop) into the muffin tin
How long do you bake mini pumpkin pies for?
Now that the mini pumpkin pies are assembled, all you need to do is bake them at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, or until the pumpkin pie filling is cooked.
Then, you’ll cool them completely and serve with cool whip!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m normally not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie, but I absolutely went NUTS for this mini version.
The ratio of filling to crust is perfect and I love the spice-y pumpkin filling, smooth, creamy texture, and tender flake-y crust.
Just when you thought pumpkin pie couldn’t get any better, here comes the cuter and dare I say tastier . . . mini pumpkin pies!
Do you like these mini desserts? I love that they’re already portioned out! What mini dessert should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (14.1 oz) box refrigerated pie dough should contain 2 (9 inch) crusts
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cool whip for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a standard 12 slot non stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out pie crusts side by side on a clean surface.
- Use a 4.5 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 4 circles from each of the pie crusts (8 total rounds).
- Combine remaining dough together and roll back out to cut 4 more rounds from. You will end up with 12 rounds of pie crust.
- Gently press one round into one muffin slot, then repeat with remaining 11 slots. (See video above for visual) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Fill each pie crust evenly with the mixture. I used a cookie scoop.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the filling is cooked and no longer jiggly.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with cool whip and enjoy!
*These do have a bit of condensation on them as they cool/are stored in the fridge. Have no fear, it doesn’t cause any negative texture or flavor change. 🙂
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.