No-machine-required pumpkin ice cream with crunchy graham cracker bits and a creamy-dreamy marshmallow fluff swirl. This Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream with Marshmallow Swirl is like pumpkin pie in ice cream form!
Yes we can fly, dive miles into the ocean and even launch into outer space. But stop the presses people! I’ve done it! I’ve finally done it! One small step for man, one giant leap for ice cream! Pumpkin. Ice. Cream. DAH, DAH…. BOM, BOM, BOM, BOM, BOM, BOM. (hopefully the music in your head matched up)
I really hope you guys aren’t pumpkin’ed out yet, because, guess what? This isn’t just pumpkin ice cream. This is pumpkin ice cream with crunchy graham cracker bits and a creamy-dreamy marshmallow fluff swirl. Ohhhh yea. It tastes exactly like pumpkin pie, but it’s in ice cream form, so it’s better. It’s like pumpkin pie 2.0.
And guess what else
You don’t even need an ice cream machine to make this! Wahoo!
Oh! And Happy Halloween! Did it sneak up on you, as much as it snuck up on me? I can’t believe October is over and we’re heading full force into holiday season. I’m never happier than during this time of year. It’s so cheery, and warm, and I eat waaay too many sweets while watching waaay too many Christmas movies over and over again (sorry, Trevor!), and everyone is just so happy!
But wait. We’re not quite there yet. Slooow down, Jennifer. Slow down. Breathe…
Have you made yourself this margarita yet? Because you need to. It’s Halloween, it’s Friday, it’s been a long week. Treat yourself to something nice 🙂
Back to the pumpkin ice cream. If you’re like me, and you don’t get any trick-or-treaters (sad!) you really have no good excuse to buy that 5 lb bag of candy (whoops, what was I thinking?!) so you need to spend your Halloween night eating something else… that’s as easy as unwrapping candy!
Aren’t you always so bummed when you find a really amazing ice cream recipe, but it requires that darn ice cream machine that you don’t have? Meee too. Well, no worries, because you DON’T NEED AN ICE CREAM MACHINE for this pumpkin ice cream!
I was actually surprised when I decided to make pumpkin flavored ice cream. Why? Because pumpkin pie is definitely not my go-to dessert. Just like with my apple cake recipe, I typically forgo the fruit desserts and instead, indulge in the chocolately, gooey, hot desserts that have been topped with chocolate, chocolate, and yes please I’ll have a side of chocolate.
It all started with a craving for pumpkin. I mean, it is floating around everywhere on Pinterest, so it’s hard not to crave. It’s been getting colder, so naturally I also had a strong desire for ice cream (am I the only one who craves ice cream more in the winter than in the summer?).
Put two and two together and the result? Pumpkin ice cream. The marshmallow swirl and graham crackers came in there somewhere but I can’t remember how.
First, you need to make the base. Mix sweetened condensed milk with a little vanilla, pumpkin puree, melted butter, my pumpkin spice mix, and vanilla. Stir until the pumpkin puree is nicely incorporated.
Then stir in diced graham crackers.
Time for a taste test…
Cover finger in marshmallow fluff.
Dunk into ice cream base.
Lick and enjoy. Mmm-MMM. Try to save some for the actual ice cream.
Next, take cold heavy whipping cream and pour into a chilled mixing bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form and gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin base.
Are you ready for the peak of all peaks? And by that I mean, in the photo below, you will see the biggest whipped cream peak you’ve ever seen! Get ready to be amazed!
Pretty cool, right? 😉
Anyway…. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin ice cream base.
In an airtight container, layer pumpkin ice cream and marshmallow fluff. Place in freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until set and ready to serve!
Ahh. So. Good. You’re going to love it! Don’t be pumpkin’ed out yet, I promise this pumpkin ice cream with marshmallow swirl is going to blow your mind!
Do you like ice cream when it’s cold outside? Show me the yummy!
Oh and since it IS Halloween make sure you try out the devil’s margarita, jalapeño poppers, and jalapeño hummus. They’re all so devilishly delicious, super quick to put together, and all perfect for that potluck Halloween Party you forgot you were going to. 😉
Pumpkin Ice Cream with Marshmallow Swirl - No Machine Required
Equipment for this recipe
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 3 teaspoons allspice
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup graham crackers chopped
- 1 (13 oz) jar marshmallow fluff melted in microwave safe glass measuring cup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- Mix spices together and store in an airtight container.
- Use any time a recipe calls for pumpkin spice!
- In a large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk until all ingredients are throughly incorporated.
- Stir bite sized graham crackers into the pumpkin mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a chilled bowl, pour in your cold whipping cream and use your stand mixture to whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. (Look at photos above for what that looks like.)
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Place 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture into the bottom of an airtight container.
- Pour 1/2 of the melted marshmallow fluff to cover the bottom layer of the pumpkin mixture.
- Top with another 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture.
- Top that with the last of the melted marshmallow fluff.
- Pour the remaining pumpkin mixture into the airtight container.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until set.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.