This pumpkin pie dip recipe comes together in just a matter of minutes and is loaded with pumpkin purée, cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix (my secret ingredient, trust me), spices, and cool whip! Suggestions on cream cheese and cool whip substitutions below!
I did a really good job this year.
I waited until October to post a pumpkin recipe. 😉
Normally, by September 1st, I’m ALL about fall flavors, but Raleigh has been so hot, I completely forgot that we’d actually entered the fall season.
I decided to start the latest round of pumpkin recipes with a bang.
This pumpkin pie dip recipe is soooooo creamy and fluffy and perfectly pumpkin spice-y.
If you love pumpkin pie, but don’t love the work involved, you’re gonna go NUTS for today’s recipe.
What ingredients are in pumpkin pie dip?
This dip has ALL your favorite pumpkin pie yummies without all the work!
- Cream cheese
- Pumpkin purée
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla pudding mix
- Cool whip
How do you make easy pumpkin dip with cream cheese?
This dip recipe is SO quick and easy to make.
- Cream together cream cheese and pumpkin using your favorite hand mixer. We’re using a WHOLE block of cream cheese and a whole can of pumpkin, so there’s no measuring!
- Add in brown sugar, pudding mix, vanilla, and spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Beat until creamy.
- Gently fold in an entire container of cool whip.
- Serve and enjoy!
What do you serve with this pumpkin cheesecake dip?
There are SO many serving options, but some of my favorites are:
- Easy pie bites (recipe coming soon!)
- Gingersnap cookies
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla wafers
What would YOU serve this with?
Can I make pumpkin dip without cream cheese?
You *could* try making this pumpkin dip without cream cheese, but I’d leave the recipe as is, if possible!
If you’re absolutely not sold on the cream cheese thing, you could try replacing it with greek yogurt – I’d do an even swap (8 oz) or even do half greek yogurt, half cream cheese. I can’t guarantee the results, however, because I haven’t tried it.
That being said, here’s a pumpkin dip without cream cheese recipe that I found that uses greek yogurt to replace the cream cheese!
Does this pumpkin pie dip need cool whip?
Yes! That’s what makes it really fluffy. Here are some other similar options you could try:
- Whipped cream <– whip heavy cream until fluffy to replace the cool whip. I’d say you probably need a pint of heavy cream. You might only need half. If you try it, let me know in the comments below! It’s not going to be as stable as the cool whip, however. I also found a recipe for homemade cool whip if you’d like to try that!
- Tru Whip <– it’s basically a healthier cool whip
This pumpkin pie dip recipe is ultra fluffy, so creamy, and is loaded with pumpkin flavor and spices.
Perfect for a cozy weeknight treat and even better shared with friends!
Make it in advance or make it last minute . . . the versatility of this dip is where it’s at!
Do you want more pumpkin recipes? Apple? What’s your favorite fall flavor? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip thawed + more for topping if desired
- Pie bites, gingersnap cookies, graham crackers, vanilla waters optional for serving
- Place cream cheese and pumpkin purée into a large bowl.
- Use your hand mixer to cream them together until smooth.
- Add in brown sugar, vanilla pudding, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Use your hand mixer to cream everything together again until smooth.
- Gently fold in the cool whip, using a spatula.
- Serve (I like an extra dollop of cool whip on top) or place in a sealed airtight container in the fridge* until ready to serve.
*If chilling this in the fridge, I like setting it out for 10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.