This Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe might be my easiest recipe yet! Only 5 ingredients: apple pie filling, pecans, caramel, spice cake mix, and butter!
- It’s CRAZY easy
- It’s made in my all time favorite kitchen tool: the crockpot.
- It tastes like cozy, fall, warm, spiced, caramel-y perfection.
I just love it so much.
This is a very important day on Show Me the Yummy, because this is officially the FIRST crockpot dessert recipe I’ve ever made!
Say whhaaaat?! But Jennifer, you LOVE your crockpot, why did it take you almost THREE years for you to make a crockpot dessert?! If you don’t believe me, check out ALL our crockpot recipes lol <– I’m in love.
I don’t have a good answer and I’m sorry, because we’ve all been seriously missing out on the magical wonderfulness that is slow cooker desserts.
They’re easy to make and I LOVE that I can dump a bunch of ingredients into my crockpot, forget about it for hours, and come back to a delicious dessert!
For this Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe all you do is spray your slow cooker with cooking spray, dump in a can of apple pie filling, top the filling with chopped pecans, drizzle on some caramel sauce, throw in a box of cake mix, press it down, and top THAT with cubed butter.
Cover –> cook –> serve.
With ice cream.
I’m not gonna lie, I was a little nervous about how the texture was going to turn out, but Oh. Em. GEE. it’s perfect. The top and outside of the cake gets a nice crust while the inside remains sooooo soft and gooey.
I absolutely love the combination of apple pie filling with caramel, pecans, and a spiced cake mix.
It seriously tastes like fall and I can’t WAIT for you all to make it.
Thanksgiving dessert anyone? Nobody needs to know how easy it is. 😉
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (20 oz) can apple pie filling you COULD use two if you want more apple, but I like one
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup jarred caramel ice cream topping plus more for serving
- 1 (15.25 oz) box spice cake mix not made - just the dry cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter cubed
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Dump in apple pie filling and spread with a spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the crockpot.
- Top filling with pecans and then caramel.
- Pour in cake mix and use your hands to spread it out evenly and gently press it down.
- Top with cubed butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours (5 was perfect for me), or until cake is cooked to your liking.
- Scoop and serve with vanilla ice cream and an extra sprinkle of pecans and drizzle of caramel.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.