Easy Pumpkin Bars Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting. These bars are ultra dense and full of all your favorite pumpkin pie spices! Topped with the smoothest, tangy cream cheese frosting!
Trevor and I loved these bars so much, we literally went through an entire pan in less than a week.
But. I mean.
Can you blame us?
Dense, rich, perfectly spiced pumpkin bars topped with a light, creamy, tangy, sweet cream cheese frosting?!
Like, come OOOOOOON.
I know you’d do the same. 😉
Show Me the Yummy’s been around for almost three years now.
How the HECK is this the first pumpkin bar recipe I’ve made?!
Because we’ve all been seriously been missing out.
It’s probably, because . . . now don’t hate me . . . I’m actually not THAT crazy about pumpkin.
I had an unfortunate incident with a pumpkin cream pie growing up.
And it’s taken me years to get over it. 😉
Because of that, I often skip the pumpkin, and am perfectly happy with something chocolatey and delish.
But. Like I said, I think I’m over my aversion to pumpkin.
SO, in Montreal, I decided to recipe test TWO different recipes: No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes and these Easy Pumpkin Bars.
Let me tell you, I don’t think Montreal is nearly as pumpkin crazed as we are here in the US, because it literally took me an hour to find the ONE can in the grocery store, ha!!
But have no fear, because I found the pumpkin, and immediately made these Easy Pumpkin Bars.
And then immediately devoured them.
They’re super simple to make, and even easier to eat. 😉
Let’s start with the pumpkin bars:
Beat together eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, canola oil, and 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree <– it’s a lot, but trust me. 😉 Then you’ll stir in flour, baking powder/soda, salt, and all the pumpkin pie spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
Bake it up. Cool. Then frost.
The frosting :
Cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Simple, yet oh so perfect.
Drizzle with caramel sauce and walnuts.
Here’s why I like this Easy Pumpkin Bars Recipe so much:
- They’re SO easy. Obviously!
- They’re REALLY dense. When I was doing research on pumpkin bars, I kept reading complaints that other people’s recipes were too cake like. My friends, pumpkin BARS are not cake, so these bars are not cake-y. Yay!
- They taste ah-mazing warm, room temperature, AND cold. Depends on my mood which one I like best.
I mean, I have a million more reasons why I love these so much, but I’ll leave it at three.
Super rich, dense, yet fluffy spiced pumpkin bars with tangy, smooth cream cheese frosting.
Easy Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree about 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, oil, and pumpkin together until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Stir until combined *just* combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat until combined and fluffy.
- Frost cooled bars.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.