Healthy Instant Pot Turkey Cheeseburger Soup. Packed with flavor, but light on calories! Only 250 calories per large 1 1/2 cup serving. Loaded with turkey, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, chicken broth, potatoes, cauliflower, and cheese! No cream!
‘Tis the season for all things cozy and delicious, right?
That also usually means ’tis the season for all things heavy and unhealthy, right?
Well. Today. We get the both of best worlds.
Enter: healthy instant pot turkey cheeseburger soup.
Cozy and delicious but light and healthy!
It’s like a really good cheeseburger in soup form, which I gotta say, I’m totally loving.
Get ready to be cozy and happy, my friends!
Today’s recipe is actually from my friend, Gina’s, new cookbook: Skinnytaste One and Done: 140 No-Fuss Dinners for Your Instant Pot®, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More.
If you love easy, healthy, and SUPER tasty recipes, then I’d highly recommend getting this cookbook.
You won’t be disappointed.
But for today, I’m sharing one of MY faves from her book: healthy instant pot turkey cheeseburger soup.
Ingredients in healthy instant pot turkey cheeseburger soup:
- Lean ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken broth
- Yukon gold potatoes
- Sharp cheddar cheese
How do i make easy turkey cheeseburger soup?
- Brown meat in the instant pot. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in a touch of butter in the instant pot.
- Add in flour, salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Stir in turkey, broth, potatoes, and cauliflower.
- Cover, seal, and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Quick release and open.
- Remove cauliflower and place it into a high powdered blender with 1 cup of the liquid.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour purée back into soup and add cheese.
- Stir until cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with scallions and enjoy!
How to make this healthy instant pot turkey cheeseburger soup on the stovetop:
- Cook turkey and veggies in a large stock pot.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Add in chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Continue with the recipe as written.
How many calories are in a cup of cheeseburger soup?
There are about 170 calories in a cup of cheeseburger soup!
What should i serve with cheeseburger soup?
- Baked french fries
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Easy roasted vegetables
- Air fryer tortilla chips
- Balsamic roasted vegetables
- Roasted green beans
- Salad with greek yogurt blue cheese dressing
- Salad with greek yogurt ranch dressing
This recipe is SO hearty, creamy, and PACKED with all your favorite cheeseburger flavors, you’ll never believe it’s actually healthy and low in calories!
So. What are you waiting for?
Go put the soup on!
Healthy Instant Pot Turkey Cheeseburger Soup
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey I’ve done this with 1 pound, too and it works great
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons flour all-purpose, wheat, or gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz Yukon gold potatoes 2 medium, peeled and finely diced
- 1 (12 oz) wedge wedge cauliflower, stem attached
- 1 3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions for garnish
- Press the sauté button on your instant pot.
- Once it reads HOT, add the turkey and brown the meat, breaking it up as you go, for about 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl and set aside.
- In the instant pot (still on sauté), melt the butter.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring for 1 minute to cook the flour.
- Return the turkey to the instant pot and add the chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower and stir.
- Cover, seal (make sure the vent is pointed to sealing) and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides.
- Transfer the cauliflower and 1 cup of the liquid to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the puree back into the soup and stir well.
- Add the cheddar and stir until melted.
- Serve topped with the scallions.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.