This Crockpot Vegetarian Chili is vegan, gluten free, SO healthy, and loaded with veggies, spices, and THREE kinds of beans!
I’m not gonna lie.
I’m kiiiiiiinda looking forward to fall.
Who am I?!
But cooler weather means fun things like pumpkin muffins, tailgating, cozy sweaters, and
ALL THE CROCKPOT RECIPES.
If you’ve been to Show Me the Yummy at ANY point, you probably already know that the crockpot is literally my favorite kitchen gadget.
While I do FULLY believe that you can and SHOULD use your slow cooker all year round, I know most people use it during the cooler months to make cozy and delicious soups, stews, and . . .
I have a few chili recipes on the blog already, but today, I have for you, what may now be my new fave:
Crockpot Vegetarian Chili.
Technically, this is Crockpot Vegan Chili, but I like how Crockpot Vegetarian Chili sounds better. 😉
While Trevor and I aren’t vegan – or even vegetarian – I do like to cook at LEAST one plant based meal a week.
Mainly, because I feel like we don’t get NEARLY enough veggies in our diets.
I have three favorite “recipes” when I’m really looking to load up on veggies:
- Healthy Egg Muffins Cups <— chop up the veggies small and load ‘em in. Veggies + protein for breakfast and I won’t feel bad if I don’t eat anything green for the rest of the day.
- Smoothies <— load in the spinach to any of those recipes, you can’t even TASTE it. I often will make smoothies for Trevor and myself and will pack in 4 cups of spinach! Do you know how LONG that would take to sit down and eat?
- Soups and chilis <— again, chop up the veggies small and load ‘em in. There are so many flavors and textures going on, that I try to pack as many veggies in as possible, and you really can’t even tell.
This Crockpot Vegetarian Chili is no exception, it’s absolutely JAM PACKED with vegetables.
Ingredients in slow cooker vegetarian chili:
- Red onion
- Green pepper
- Red pepper
- Sweet potato
- Spices: garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper
- Green chiles
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Beans: kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans
How do i make crockpot vegetarian chili?
- Prep the veggies. Dice onion, celery, carrot, bell peppers, and sweet potatoes.
- Throw them into your greased crockpot.
- Add in spices: garlic powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add in green chilies, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
The nice thing about this Crockpot Vegetarian Chili Recipe is that it’s SO customizable! Swap out the veggies to include your faves, up or lessen the spices to taste . . . don’t like garbanzo beans? Trade ’em in for pinto, etc!
The options are endless and will all be absolutely tasty.
This Crockpot Vegetarian Chili is quick and easy to make, SO healthy for you, is vegan, gluten free, and just absolutely delicious!
Oh! And don’t forget your fave chili toppings!
Do you want more meatless recipes? More crockpot recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Crockpot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into crockpot and stir to combined.
- Cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with all your favorite chili toppings!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This Crockpot Vegetarian Chili Recipe was originally published August 21, 2017, and has been updated to include a video and more detailed content.