These Roasted Green Beans are easy, healthy, vegan, gluten free, and SO tasty! Green beans are tossed with coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and walnuts and roasted to perfection!
I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Trevor and I worked, but we DID get to sneak away to have a quick brunch out on Sunday, so we still got to treat ourselves to a little relaxation. 😉
I also got all my grocery shopping done for the week, which always feels ah-mazing to get out of the way before the week actually starts.
A while back, my mom had asked me if I had any easy veggie side dishes she could add to her rotation.
And you know what?
I don’t really have any! Whaaaaaaat?!
We’re changing that.
With one of my all time FAVES.
Roasted Green Beans.
Growing up, green beans were one of the few vegetables I didn’t complain about eating TOO much… I think. 😉
And now, as an adult, it’s one of my absolute favorites. The best way to prepare them in my opinion?
Roasting in the oven!
It’s sooooo easy, healthy, and delicious.
All you need to do is wash and trim your green beans.
Throw them onto a silicone mat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet and toss with melted coconut oil (or oil of choice), garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
You’ll bake ’em for about 10-15 minutes and toss them with lemon juice, walnuts, and maybe another pinch of salt.
That’s it! These roasted green beans are p.e.r.f.e.c.t.i.o.n.
I LOVE the texture of these beans – tender with a slight bite – and you can’t beat the garlic powder/onion powder situation, especially when it’s mixed with the fresh, tangy lemon juice.
You don’t have to add any nuts, but I remember my mom used to serve green beans with slivered almonds. I had walnuts, so that’s what I used, and I love the crunch they gave this dish.
These roasted green beans are easy, healthy, AND delicious enough to add to your veggie rotation every week. 🙂
PSST – they’re also vegan AND gluten free!
Happy Monday, friends!
Do YOU want more healthy vegetable side dishes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 pound green beans washed and trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped walnuts optional for some crunch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat (or parchment paper).
- Place green beans onto prepared pan and toss with coconut oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until green beans are cooked to your liking, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and toss with lemon juice.
- Add walnuts, if desired, and serve!
Nutritional information does not include walnuts.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.