These Balsamic Roasted Vegetables are loaded with sweet potato, asparagus, bell peppers, red onion, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and a few spices! Easy. Healthy. Flavorful. Gluten Free. Vegan.
Healthy deliciousness in the hooooooouse!
Remember those Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets from yesterday? Well, these balsamic roasted vegetables would be the p.e.r.f.e.c.t. side dish to go with them!
Sometimes, eating your veggies can be hard. For me, I get all my veggies in in three ways:
- Smoothies – bring ooooon the spinach! You can’t even taste it.
- Healthy Egg Muffin Cups – loads of veggies and lean protein first thing in the morning? Sign me up!
- Roasted vegetable side dishes – it’s seriously my favorite way to eat vegetables for flavor, texture, and ease!
11 ingredients. 10 minutes of prep. 30-ish minutes of cook time.
I hope you’re as crazy about these balsamic roasted vegetables as I am!
There are two parts to today’s recipe: the vegetables and the seasonings.
Let’s start with the veggies!
What are the best vegetables to roast in the oven?
You can literally roasted any veggie you like, but for today’s balsamic roasted vegetables, I chose to use:
- Sweet potato – I like using one starchy vegetable, usually a potato of some sort, because it really bulks up the recipe
- Asparagus – ya gotta have something green and since it’s spring/summer time, asparagus is my favorite! You could also use broccoli, green beans, or brussels sprouts
- Red bell pepper – I <3 bell peppers, I chose red today, because it looks gorgeous with all the other colors! Feel free to use YOUR favorite pepper
- Red onion – you can’t have roasted vegetables with onion, I absolutely love the sweetness it brings to this recipe
Veggies – check!
Now let’s talk seasonings:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic pwoder
- Dried basil – I LOVE using dried basil to keep these balsamic roasted vegetables nice and summery
Basically, you’ll whisk together the seasonings, pour ’em over the veggies and you’re done! If you can, let them marinate in the fridge while you’re at work. If you’re in a rush, they’ll still be delicious if cooked immediately!
Next up, the roastin’!
What temperature is best for roasting vegetables?
I always roasted my vegetables at 425 degrees F. I feel like it’s the perfect temperature, because they vegetables roast relatively quickly, but still get that perfect golden color!
Pro tip: I always line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat for perfect cooking and easy clean up!
As you can see, these balsamic roasted vegetables are quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
Perfect enjoyed as a side dish to your favorite dinner or even as a super light vegetarian lunch or dinner.
Either way, this recipe is a GREAT way to pack in those veggies!
Do you want more healthy side dish recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 cup asparagus trimmed and cut into thirds*
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Feta, fresh herbs optional for topping
- Place prepared vegetables into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, basil, and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, if possible.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Dump veggies onto prepared sheet then spread into an even single layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- You may need more or less time depending on the cut of your veggies.**
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, and enjoy!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.