This Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa Recipe is loaded with fresh summer produce: corn, avocado, tomatoes, and more! Only 9 ingredients necessary!
Call it a stereotype if you will, but Trevor and I are originally from Iowa and we LOVE corn.
Trevor especially loooooooves corn.
So, naturally, Trevor went crazy for this Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa Recipe.
I know Trevor reeeeeally likes a recipe, when I look over, and he’s literally shoveling said recipe into his mouth with a spoon. I’m pretty sure he didn’t even bother eating this with chips (which I highly recommend btw).
I think I got approximately TWO bites of this salsa, before it was completely gone.
Lucky for me, it’s ultra easy to make.
I love this Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa, BECAUSE it’s so easy AND you can use it in so many different ways:
- Eat it with a spoon <— Trevor’s preference 😉
- Eat it with chips <— MY preference
- Eat it on (vegan) Sweet Potato Tacos <— coming soon!!!!
It’s definitely hearty enough on it’s own, but obvi it’s great with chips, and it’s absolutely KILLER on those sweet potato tacos. I seriously can’t wait for you guys to make that combo.
All you need to do is grill up some corn and avocado (watch the video above to see how) – which PS – if it’s rainy and gross outside I highly recommend this cast iron grill pan for your grilling – then dice up tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and toss everything together with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
SO simple, but I really wanted the flavors of all that gorgeous summer produce to really shine.
It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, a little spicy, a little creamy, and a whole lotta yummy. 😉
Do you want more grilling recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 4 ears corn husked and cleaned
- 1 avocado halved and seed removed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes I used roma
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (seeded for a more mild flavor)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill (or heat cast iron grill pan) over medium high heat.
- Once hot, place corn directly on grill.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until charred and tender. (This should take about 10 minutes)
- Remove corn and cool.
- Place avocado flesh side down and grill until charred, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cut corn off the cob, dice avocado, and place into a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Toss to combine and taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with chips, on a spoon, with tacos, etc.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.