Grilled Shrimp Skewers. Easy, healthy, delicious summer food at it’s finest! Only seven ingredients necessary: shrimp, olive oil, lemon, cilantro, hot sauce, garlic, salt. Served with an optional avocado pesto!
Who’s been enjoying grilling season?!
🙋 🙋 🙋
I know I have!
Today, we have, Grilled Shrimp Skewers!
I felt like we needed a good seafood grilling recipe, yes?
Who’s ready for the easiest, healthiest grilling recipe yet?!
🙋 🙋 🙋
I feel like I always say this, but I seriously need easy recipes in my life right now.
Ain’t NOBODY got time for cooking. 😉
I used to be SO intimidated by grilling… but that’s probably because I never tried… that was always Trevor’s job!
But one day, Trevor encouraged me to give it a shot, and guess what?!
I LOVED it!
It’s actually SO easy.
I have plenty of “meat grilling recipes” on the site and I was really craving shrimp the other day… these Easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers totally fit the bill.
What seasoning to use on grilled shrimp skewers?
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- hot sauce
How do I make the best spicy grilled garlic shrimp skewers?
- Whisk together the seasonings listed above (you can make these as spicy or as not spicy as you like)
- Stir in shrimp
- Skewer (see video above for visuals)
How long do you marinate shrimp before grilling?
30 minutes. It’s the perfect length of time to really get the shrimp to soak up the seasonings without getting mushy.
How long do you cook shrimp skewers on the grill?
It really depends on how large your shrimp are and your grill, but for me, I preheat my grill to medium high heat and cook the shrimp skewers for2-5 minutes on each side!
The result is a super healthy, super quick and easy, super TASTY weeknight meal.
I absolutely LOVE the bite from the hot sauce, tangy from the lemon, freshness from the cilantro, and smoke from the grill.
What to serve with grilled shrimp skewers:
- Avocado pesto – I LOVE this as a dipping sauce
- Grilled Potato Salad
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- Easy Bruschetta
- Grilled Corn & Avocado Salsa
Bring oooooon the summer grilling!
What’s your favorite thing to grill? Show Me the Yummy!
Grilled Shrimp Skewers. Easy, healthy, delicious summer food at it's finest! Only seven ingredients necessary!
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined, tails on, I had 26-30 shrimp in my pound
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I used Tabasco Chipotle
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- avocado pesto for serving
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer onto skewers (look at video above for visuals).
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Cook shrimp about 2-5 minutes, flip, and grill an additional 2-5 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve with avocado pesto!