Grilled Potato Salad with Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops aka the perfect summer dinner! Juicy fresh pork paired with a grilled potato salad that’s loaded with blue cheese, bacon, garlic, red onion, cilantro, and more! Quick. Easy. Delicious!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Smithfield!
Is anyone else EXTREMELY happy that grilling season is finally here?!
Here in the Debth household, it’s been a goal to grill out at least a few times a week this summer. Especially when we have friends in town, I love the ease, convenience, and versatility of grilling. To me, there’s nothing better.
As long as I’ve got a solid protein to grill (today: fresh pork) and a side dish (today: grilled potato salad) and maybe a some chips and dip, I am
Let’s do some grillin’!
There are really two parts to today’s recipe:
- The fresh pork
- The grilled potato salad
So. First up, the pork.
Grilling, to me, has GOT to be easy, so today we’re using Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Dry Seasoned Pork Chops. Not only are they super quick and easy (throw ’em on the grill for a few minutes, turn ’em, grill ’em, done) – they’re soooooo good. I absolutely love the smokey/sweet combo. Plus, it’s 100% fresh pork, is packed with protein, AND it’s available at Walmart and select grocery stores nationwide!
Now. The grilled potato salad. Let’s start with the basics.
Do i have to peel the potatoes for potato salad?
You can, but I actually recommend leaving the skins on. I love the flavor, texture, and color when you leave them on.
Do i need to boil potatoes for grilled potato salad?
Nope! That’s my FAVORITE part of today’s recipe. No. Boiling. Potatoes. I don’t know why, but boiling potatoes is so tedious to me. You’ll only need a grill today!
How do you make homemade potato salad?
So. Let’s make some potato salad.
You’ll start by slicing some potatoes into 1/2″ slices. I used petite medley gourmet potatoes (aka gold, red, and purple mini potatoes). You could really use any kind of potato, but keep in mind the cooking time may vary. Plus, the love the gorgeous rainbow of colors that you get when using the petite medley!
Divide them onto two sheets of tin foil and toss with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Seal them to make foil packets.
Throw ’em on the grill for 20 minutes and toss the potatoes with bacon, blue cheese, garlic, red onion, cilantro, and more olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Soft, tender potatoes with tangy vinegar, creamy blue cheese, sharp red onion, and fresh cilantro.
It’s the perfect quick, easy, deeeelicious grilling side dish.
Now go on, get outside and get your grill on!
Grilled Potato Salad with Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Equipment for this recipe
- Smithfield Hickory Smoked Brown Sugar Dry Seasoned Pork Chops cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound Petite Medley Gourmet Potatoes gold, red, and purple mini potatoes, cut into 1/2” slices (I cut each potato into 3rds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar divided
- 4-6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon I used Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2-3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven or grill to 425 degrees F.
- Place prepped potatoes into a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes evenly between two large sheets of tin foil.
- Loosely wrap the tin foil around the potatoes, making sure that it's sealed completely.
- Grill or bake in preheated grill or oven for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Carefully remove the foil and place the cooked potatoes into another large bowl.
- Add in bacon, blue cheese, garlic, red onion, cilantro.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Taste and re-season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
PS – Smithfield wants to celebrate all YOU grilling heroes and inspire everyone to get grilling this summer with their “Hero of the Grill” contest! All you have to do is submit your nominee and give YOUR grilling hero a chance to win $5,000.
Plus, the first 10,000 nominees will have the chance to have their name featured on Aric Almirola’s #10 Ford at the Richmond race this September.
Want more information, recipe inspiration, and full contest details? Simply visit SmithfieldGetGrilling.com 🙂