These Easy Enchiladas Suizas are the perfect blend of tangy salsa verde, juicy chicken, and melty cheese!
Why you’ll love these enchiladas
- Easy. Store-bought rotisserie chicken and salsa verde salsa help keep this recipe quick and easy.
- Crowd pleasing. What’s not to love about tortillas, chicken, and cheese?!
- Flavorful. The combination of tangy salsa verde, rich sour cream, nutty corn tortillas, and juicy chicken can’t be beat.
- Salsa Verde – use your favorite store-bought brand or make your own if you’re looking for a more traditional flavor.
- Sour Cream – mixed with the salsa verde to create our cream sauce. Use plain Greek yogurt if you’re looking to lighten things up a bit.
- Chicken – store-bought rotisserie chicken keeps this recipe incredibly quick and easy, but any simply seasoned leftover cooked chicken will work as well.
- Spices: Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Chili Powder, and Cayenne – adds so much incredible flavor to the filling. Use taco seasoning if you’re looking for a shortcut!
- Cheese – monterey jack is mild in flavor, creamy, and melts really well. Try pepper-jack for a little extra spice. Either way, shred your own cheese; freshly shredded melts better than pre-shredded.
- Corn Tortillas – use your favorite store-bought variety or make your own if you’re really ambitious! Be sure to warm them in damp paper towels before stuffing and rolling to avoid breakage.
How to make
- Use a blender to blend the salsa and sour cream to create a cream sauce.
- Mix chicken, spices, cream sauce, and cheese in a large bowl, then stuff the filling into warmed corn tortillas.
- Place the filled tortillas in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, top with remaining cream sauce, sprinkle with cheese, then bake at 350 degrees F until hot.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What do i put on top of enchiladas?
- Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Pickled Red Onions
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Easy Queso Dip Recipe
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Onions
- Add veggies. Stir in roasted veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. Adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Spicy. Add some canned jalapeños or green chiles to the filling for extra heat.
Can i use flour tortillas?
Corn tortillas are more traditional, but flour tortillas may also be used.
Can i make these dairy-free?
Use dairy-free sour cream and plant-based cheese to make these free from dairy.
What to serve with enchiladas suizas
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Easy Black Beans Recipe
- Guacamole and Queso with Chips
- Green salad with a Chili Lime Vinaigrette
How to store
Leftovers will last in an airtight container for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To enjoy again, thaw, if frozen, then microwave or bake until warm.
Easy Enchiladas Suizas
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 (16 oz) jars salsa verde
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 4 cups cooked and cubed or shredded chicken I used 1 (1 pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (16 oz) block Monterey Jack cheese shredded and divided in half
- 15 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place salsa and sour cream into a blender and blend until smooth. This is our cream sauce. Set aside.
- Place chicken, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, 1 1/2 cups cream sauce, and 8 oz shredded cheese into a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, then set aside.
- Stack the corn tortillas, wrap them in dampened paper towels, then microwave for 30 seconds (this helps warm the tortillas so they won’t rip).
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup filling, roll, then place them seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups cream sauce* on top of the enchiladas, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.