This chili lime vinaigrette is the BEST recipe when you’re craving healthy Mexican inspired food. Use it as a marinade or a salad dressing . . . it’s so versatile! With a simple ingredient list: oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, and spices – it’s a cinch to make and SO flavorful.
It’s no secret that I love Mexican food. I love tacos, nachos, enchiladas, chips and salsa, margaritas . . . you name it . . . I love it. I also love making Mexican inspired foods at home. Today’s recipe is a healthy and delicious, zesty, packed with flavor chili lime vinaigrette and I just know you’re gonna love it.
Ways to use Chili Lime Vinaigrette:
- Salad dressing – would be GREAt for these burrito bowls
- Sauce for a quinoa salad (recipe coming soon)
. . . or hey . . . drink it with a straw. #nojudgement
Trevor and I both grew up in the midwest – Iowa to be specific – and now we live in Raleigh, NC. Point being, we’re no strangers to summer heat and humidity. Point being, during the hottest months, we CRAVE fresh, crisp, bright, COLD recipes. We’ll make anything as long as the oven and stove can stay off for the most part.
Because of that, we’ve been having a LOT of salads lately. Pasta salads, quinoa salads, farro salad, leafy green salads . . . #allthesalads.
The most important salad component, to me, is the dressing. You can pretty much throw anything into a bowl and call it a salad, but a good dressing can take it from being meh to being ah-mazing. Who’s with me? Today’s chili lime vinaigrette recipe DEFINITELY takes salads to that ah-mazing level.
Easy Chili Lime Vinaigrette Recipe:
- Place olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, and spices: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne into a mason jar or container.
- Tightly seal, shake, and serve!
How long does homemade chili Lime dressing last? How do you store homemade dressing?
Store the dressing in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Healthy Chili Lime Vinaigrette Calories:
This vinaigrette has about 54 calories per tablespoon.
MORE HEALTHY SALAD DRESSING RECIPES:
When you’re craving mexican food, skip the restaurant, and make a fresh, crunchy, zippy, zesty, tangy salad with this homemade chili lime salad dressing instead!
What other salad dressing recipes do you need? Show Me the Yummy!
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed using a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Place olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and cayenne into a mason jar, blender, or food processor.
- Seal and shake or blend until well combined.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Use immediately.
- Store leftovers in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Let come to room temperature before serving.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.