This Easy Beef Chili Recipe only contains FIVE ingredients (water and salt don’t count 😉 ) and takes about 10-15 minutes to whip up. Ground beef, beans, tomato soup, brown sugar, and chili powder.
Sometimes, the most simple recipes end up being the tastiest.
Often, I’m someone who REALLY likes to just keep adding things to a recipe . . . you know a little bit of this, a little bit of that, oh, and how about some more of this, and even more of that?!
You know what I mean?
But then, I’m brought back to my humble Midwestern roots and am reminded that sometimes, you actually don’t need a million and one ingredients to make a really delicious dish.
Enter: Easy Beef Chili.
Aunt Judy, this one’s for you. 🙂
Who’s Aunt Judy?
Aunt Judy is Trevor’s aunt – his dad’s twin sister – and she’s literally sweeter than honey. She’s just that kind of person who instantly makes you feel like you’re one of the fam.
A couple years ago, Trevor and I spent Thanksgiving with her and her family in Toledo.
We got there the day before Thanksgiving, right around dinner time, and we were greeted with warm hugs and hearty chili and Grandma’s Sugar Cookies of course.
I asked her for the the chili recipe and she told me “What? This? It’s just ground beef, tomato soup, beans, and brown sugar.”
I was SHOCKED.
It just tasted SO delicious. She didn’t give me the exact amounts, but I’ve literally been thinking about that chili for the past two years, and finally decided to just wing it and see if I could recreate it.
And I think I got it.
You’ll start by cooking lean ground beef in a large stockpot.
Once cooked, you’ll drain the grease, and stir in tomato soup, a can of water, beans of choice, brown sugar, and chili powder.
Bring everything to a simmer and cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until hot.
Serve this Easy Beef Chili with cheese, sour cream, cornbread, chips, etc and soak in the hearty, cozy deliciousness.
This Easy Beef Chili is simple, humble, comfort food at it’s finest.
I promise, you’re gonna love it.
What’s one of YOUR favorite humble recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Beef Chili Recipe
Easy Beef Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can beans drained and rinsed - I actually used romano beans, because I was Canada, but could also use kidney beans or pinto beans
- 1 (10 oz) can condensed tomato soup + one can's worth of water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed (more to less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan or stock pot, cook beef, breaking it up as you go, over medium heat.
- Once cooked, drain off fat.
- To the drained beef, add in beans, condensed soup, 1 soup can's worth of water, brown sugar, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir to combine then bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until hot and slightly thickened.
- Serve with alone, or with cheese, sour cream, crackers, chips, cornbread, etc!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.