This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is SO quick and easy to make and full of vegetables, beans, and quinoa! Healthy. Gluten free. Vegan. Ready in 30 mins! Less than 300 calories per serving.
This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe is one of our most popular recipes (originally posted January 8, 2018), so I’ve updated it to include a how-to video! Enjoy!
If you love this meatless wonder, you’ll also love: breakfast burrito bowls, quinoa fried rice, instant pot lentil sloppy joes.
It’s Meatless Monday, wahoo!
And today, I have for you, Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili.
For those of you that have an Instant Pot, this is a SUUUPER easy, super healthy, super delicious vegan recipe that I just KNOW you’re gonna love.
For those of you that DON’T have an Instant Pot:
- What are you waiting for?! It’s time to hop on the Instant Pot train! 😉
- This could easily be adapted for the stovetop or crockpot, I’ll list my suggestions in the recipe box below 🙂 <3
For those of you that have no idea what an Instant Pot is . . .
What is an instant pot?
An Instant Pot, is basically a slow cooker, but instead of cooking things slowly, it cooks them really really fast.
So. Now that we’re all on the same page.
Who’s ready for some easy, healthy and delicious, vegan, Meatless Monday action?!
Trevor and I are not vegan . . . or even vegetarian . . .
We do try to eat meatless at least once a week.
Because it’s good for us, it’s good for the environment, and um, it tastes really really good! 🙂
I know a lot of people struggle with finding meatless recipes that are:
- Quick and easy to make
- Filling enough
- Interesting and delicious
Luckily, this instant pot vegetarian chili TOTALLY fits the bill. 🙂
What’s in vegan chili?
- Green peppers
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Veggie broth
- Tomato sauce
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
How to make the best instant pot veggie chili:
- Place peppers, onion, jalapeno, garlic, spices, broth, tomato sauce, and quinoa into your Instant Pot.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, kidney beans, and corn.
Serve with all your fave chili toppings!
Topping suggestions for instant pot vegetarian chili:
- Green onions
- Lime juice
- Vegan sour cream or plain yogurt
- Tortilla chips
- And more!
Come OOOOOOON, how can something THAT easy be SO healthy?!
But trust me.
It is. 🙂
Who’s ready for a big bowl of instant pot vegetarian chili?!
Do you want more Instant Pot Recipes? Vegan Recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced, seeded for less spice, although level varies from pepper to pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained and rinsed
- avocado, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, vegan sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips optional for serving
- Place peppers, onion, jalapeno, garlic, spices, broth, tomato sauce, and quinoa into Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Cook using the manual button (make sure it's set to high pressure) and set the timer on the Instant Pot to 8 minutes.*
- The Instant Pot will beep when it's finished.
- Flip the valve to "venting" for a quick release.
- Turn Instant Pot off and stir in beans and corn.
- Let stand, uncovered for 5-10 minutes to let the mixture slightly thicken.
- Taste and re-season if necessary and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.