This Sweet Potato Hash Recipe is perfect for brunch! Full of bacon, eggs, sweet potatoes, cheese, and spices, this breakfast hash is filling, easy, and yummy!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Crystal Farms Cheese. Their cheese is made by cheese lovers for cheese lovers and we all know. . . cheese lovers are the best people.
Oh holy yummy I think I found my latest breakfast obsession. This, my friends, is the BEST, the EASIEST Sweet Potato Hash Recipe. Bacon meets sweet potatoes meets other veggies, spices, eggs, and a generous helping of my beloved: cheese.
Ok, but before we talk about the awesomeness that IS this Sweet Potato Hash, I should let you know that Crystal Farms is hosting a GIVEAWAY today!! It’s a 14” Blue Oval Le Creuset Stoneware Dish and it’s super cute and I’m a little jealous that I don’t get to win it, but YOU can, so make sure you enter the contest below!
But. Let’s talk breakfast hash now.
Now you guys know I am not a breakfast person. I keep saying that, but then I keep having really yummy breakfasts and I’m always surprised by how much I loved it.
Example A: I just had the BEST biscuits and gravy the other day for brunch.
Example B: This Sweet Potato Hash Recipe. It literally blew my mind so much that I actually had it for breakfast and. . . DINNER *gasp*! That’s a big deal for someone who claims to not be a breakfast ♡er.
The best part about this Sweet Potato Hash, other than tasting ah-mazing, is that you can prep most of this the night before, is simple yet elegant enough to serve for a brunch get-together with friends, and is full of tasty and filling ingredients like bacon, sweet potatoes, and eggs to keep you full and satisfied all morning long!
Ok. Now I know I typically don’t like breakfast, but brunch on the other hand is a different story. While usually I’ll lean more to lunch than breakfast, I’ll make exceptions for chilaquiles, breakfast burritos, and now, this Sweet Potato Hash.
There are at least one million reasons why I love this breakfast hash so much, but I’ve narrowed it down to three for you listed in order of importance 😉 :
#1: It’s full of cheesy goodness.
#2: It’s easy. Easy brunch dishes are a must. Especially if you’re planning on sipping a mimosa while you make it. Wait. Whaaat? 😉
#3: It’s so. darn. tasty. Liiiike I can’t stop thinking about all the bacon, cheese, and yummy spices.
Let’s rewind for a second and talk about that cheesy goodness. Today we’re using two kinds of Crystal Farms Cheese: Jalapeno & Habanero Jack and Feta.
Crystal Farms is one of the largest cheese brands in the country and it’s located just 30 minutes away in Lake Mills, Wisconsin, which I think is super cool. I ♡ local brands. PLUS, all of their cheeses are all natural with few preservatives, tons of calcium, and gluten free. I mean, who doesn’t love that?!
Cheesy goodness ✔️
Now let’s talk about how ridiculously easy this Sweet Potato Hash is to make. It all starts with bacon (as all good recipes do). Cook it until crispy in your favorite cast iron skillet.
Once crispy, remove from the pan and add in diced sweet potatoes. Btw – sweet potatoes cooking in bacon grease smells like heaven.
Then bell peppers, onion, and spices: chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper get added in to the mix. If you thought sweet potatoes and bacon smelled like heaven. . . just wait.
Which – btw – feel free to prep and chop all those veggies the night before to save time the morning of!
Once everything is allllll tender and delicious, it’s time to stir in the Crystal Farms Jalapeno & Habanero Jack and cooked, crumbled bacon.
All that’s left is to top the Sweet Potato Hash with eggs and bake it in the oven until the eggs are runny and delicious.
But wait, wait, WAIT.
Before you serve it up, you’re going to top this Sweet Potato Hash with MORE cheese (this time Crystal Farms Feta), fresh cilantro, creamy avocado, and some freshly chopped tomatoes.
Then, you’ll serve this Sweet Potato Hash in that super adorable 14” Blue Oval Le Creuset Stoneware Dish that we’re giving away 👇 to all your brunch loving family and friends and they will seriously be impressed with:
#1: How cheesy goodness this is
#2: How EASY it was for you to make
#3: How darn TASTY it is
This Sweet Potato Hash is full of tender veggies, chewy/crispy bacon, plenty of cheese, is perfectly seasoned, and is just the best, hearty brunch recipe you’ll ever make!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Savory or sweet for breakfast? Show me the yummy!
Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes washed, peeled, and cubed into ½ inch cubes
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Jalapeno & Habanero Jack Cheese loosely packed
- 3-4 large eggs
- chopped cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Crystal Farms Crumbled Feta
- diced tomatoes
- Place bacon in a cold (oven safe) cast iron skillet* in a single layer. Turn stove on to medium.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, but leave the bacon grease.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the potatoes in the bacon grease for 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add in the green pepper, red pepper, onion, and seasonings: chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until all the veggies are tender, about 7-10 more minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once veggies are done cooking, stir in crumbled bacon and jack cheese.
- Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Then, using the back of a spoon, make 3-4 shallow indents into the hash.
- Crack an egg into each indent.
- Place skillet in oven and bake until the egg whites set, about 10 - 15 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your eggs.
- Top with optional toppings and serve!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Crystal Farms Cheese for sponsoring today’s post. We seriously ♡ their cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.